PDA

View Full Version : MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facilit

Sneha lal
3rd April 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Friends,

This is Sneha lal from Maharastra institute Of Technology, Pune and I am here to answer your queries regarding MIT Pune admissions for 2012-2016 batch.

This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding

Here's some Information about college.

About Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT):

Maharashtra Academy of Engineering and Education Research (MAEER)'s Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune, is an engineering college affiliated to the University of Pune, India.

Established in 1983 by Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad, it is among the first engineering colleges in the private sector in Maharashtra.

According to Outlook magazine rankings 2009, MIT Pune ranked amongst the nation's top 20 engineering colleges.

Affiliated University: University Of Pune

Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:

Admission to the undergraduate courses is through the Maharashtra-Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) for the state allocated seats (65%) and

through the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) for the all-India seats.

Ranking: Top 20 private colleges in India

Fee: The fee structure for the BE course is different for the general candidates and the reserved candidates. It is usually affordable for all students. The tuition fee for the course is Rs.15,000/-. An amount of Rs.5000/- is charged for the development fee and there will be additional fee for other particulars. And a total of Rs.24, 320/- has to be paid by the student at the time of admission. The total fee for the students belonging to deprived category is Rs.9320/- only.

For General Candidates:

Fee Particulars
Fees

Tuition Fee
RS.58000/-

Development Fee
RS.12,000/-

Pune University Fee
RS.637/-

Total
RS.70,637/-

Branches & intakes: MIT offers undergraduate engineering studies(B.E) in nine disciplines:

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Computer Engineering
Information Technology
Mechanical (Sandwich) Engineering
Petroleum Engineering
Polymer Engineering
Petrochemical Engineering

Cut Offs in 2011: Minimum marks required in MHCET: 110 for textile engineering

Placements 2011-12:

The college has a well established placement cell.
More than 300 top MNCs visit MIT for campus interview and over 80% of students are placed as soon as they reach final year!
Average Salary in 2011: 3.2 LPA
Highest Salary in 2011: 8.5 LPA

Campus Facilities: Each campus of MIT Pune has its own character. But they all combine state-of-the-art facilities with a friendly study environment, setting modern architecture against a backdrop of natural beauty and a special emphasis on a green environment. A lot of thought has gone into creating a stimulating environment in our campuses for study and research. The campuses are well-equipped with very good infrastructure and world-standard hostels (separate for boys and girls).

Hostel Facilities:

Enough hostel accommodation is available on campus for both boys and girls.
The campus hostel is located on Paud Road in salubrious and lush green surroundings. All the hostel buildings are provided with 24 hrs. security guards. Boys' hostel is a five storey building having accommodation for 400 students. Two separate buildings are meant for Girl-students, one in MIT School / Hostel campus near MIT boys hostel, with a capacity of 300 girl-students and the other building is located in the MIT College Campus, accommodating 175 girl-students.
There are various facilities in hostels like - canteen, public phone, cold drinking water, hot water for bath, etc. For entertainment the T.V. sets are available in recreation halls. However, viewing time is pre-defined. A Doctor visits the hostel, twice a week to conduct medical check-up.
Hostel accommodation is allotted to students strictly on merit basis during the first year. International students are given preference. Hostel buildings (one for boys and one building for girls) are located at S. No. 127/C, in MIT School / Hostel Campus, near Mahaganesh Colony, Opp. More Vidyalaya bus stop, Paud Road , Pune-38.
However if you prefer to take up private accommodation, our hostel office will provide you with the necessary information of accommodation available at MIT campus. Students interested in admission to the hostel will have to apply immediately after confirming their admissions.

Address: Maharastra Institute Of Technology, S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune 411038 Maharashtra INDIA

Ph: 91 020 30273400,

Doubts & QUERIES for admission are welcome :)

nishu76652
13th April 2012, 12:56 AM
hey can u pls provide placemnt stats of petroleum engg of mit for last 2 yrs......i mean even highest and avg salary data wud also do.......and the companies visiting to employ petroleum students

nishu76652
17th April 2012, 01:39 AM
koi toh ans kar do yaar!!!!!

Saumya
17th April 2012, 07:37 AM
nishu76652 - Petroleum is one of the most sought after branches at MIT Pune. Some of the companies that have visited the campus in the last 2-3 years are: Weatherford Oil Tool, Sungard Offshore Services, Shell Technologies, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation, Cairn Energy, Baker Oil Tools AMONG MANY MORE...

Avg pkg for his branch ranges from 3-4 lakh/annum.

BTW nishu..what branch are you interested in?? and what category are you from??

hey can u pls provide placemnt stats of petroleum engg of mit for last 2 yrs......i mean even highest and avg salary data wud also do.......and the companies visiting to employ petroleum students

koi toh ans kar do yaar!!!!!

nishu76652
18th April 2012, 01:44 AM
thanx for the reply !!!!!!!........well m interestd in mech and petroleum branch .......but wud be preffering petroleum b4 mech......m general candidate fm maharashtra only......

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

any idea how mch wud be needed in aieee in mh-cet to get petroleum in mit.......also mine jee was not gud so do suggest me any other petroleum college also.......

nishu76652
19th April 2012, 12:40 AM
hey one more thing any idea highest package for the 2011 n 12 batches.......n what is the package offerd by the shell......

Alina gill
26th April 2012, 06:08 PM
hi,
i exactly don't know the highest package bt surely it would be gud....................................... what r u expecting from your MAEER exam???

adheen619
28th April 2012, 11:46 PM
On seeing MIT college and knowing about its status i wish to join in MIT college.but i am an outside state candidate and i want to get to petroleum engineering through lateral entry in MIT.now i am waiting for my diploma result.my previous average mark is above 90%.is i can join in your college through merit.please reply me

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

On seeing MIT college and knowing about its status i wish to join in MIT college.but i am an outside state candidate and i want to get to petroleum engineering through lateral entry in MIT.now i am waiting for my diploma result.my previous average mark is above 90%.is i can join in your college through merit.please reply me

Read more: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facilit - | FaaDoOEngineers.com (http://www.faadooengineers.com/threads/6593-MIT-Pune-2012-Admission-CutOff-Placements-ranking-Fees-Hostels-Campus-facilit?p=17364#post17364#ixzz1tMOo4Eiz) http://www.faadooengineers.com/threads/6593-MIT-Pune-2012-Admission-CutOff-Placements-ranking-Fees-Hostels-Campus-facilit?p=17364#post17364#ixzz1tMOo4Eiz

Sneha lal
30th April 2012, 02:11 PM
hi,
I don't know about diploma holder's admission.......... for this query u should contact the admission department of the MIT because most of the time these kind of admissions done directly by management of the college........... :)

rahul sah
5th May 2012, 12:22 PM
Are you sure about the fee structure ?? MIT PUNE comes under shikshan shulka samiti and the fees mentioned on its website is 96000 p.a
What is the AI AIEEE rank required for electronics branch (outside maharashtra candidate) ?? Any idea

Saumya
8th May 2012, 12:27 PM
Are you sure about the fee structure ?? MIT PUNE comes under shikshan shulka samiti and the fees mentioned on its website is 96000 p.a
What is the AI AIEEE rank required for electronics branch (outside maharashtra candidate) ?? Any idea

rahul sah - you are confusing with MAE Pune. The Fee for MAE is 99,000 PA. For MIT Pune, the Fee as per shikshan shulka samiti is 71k.

Sneha lal - please take care of the cut off query :)

Sneha lal
8th May 2012, 12:33 PM

The AIEEE cut-off for MIT Pune is normally about 50,000 rank. It all depends on the number of applications to the college.

rahul sah - how much score are you getting in AIEEE? What's your category?

palash rc
8th May 2012, 06:19 PM
hi all,
can anyone tell, what should be the aieee ranking to get all india seats in MIT- Pune, Mechanical Branch.

Sneha lal
9th May 2012, 11:32 AM
hi all,
can anyone tell, what should be the aieee ranking to get all india seats in MIT- Pune, Mechanical Branch.

@ palash rc Wat is ur category?

palash rc
9th May 2012, 03:57 PM
@ palash rc Wat is ur category?

category- general

nitiarora
9th May 2012, 05:27 PM
category- general

the cutoff should be somewhere around 148

palash rc
11th May 2012, 03:36 PM
category- general
please reply anyone.
what should be the aieee ranking (General category) to get admission in MIT pune in mechanical branch for all india seat.

palash rc
11th May 2012, 05:23 PM
the cutoff should be somewhere around 148
@ niti arora, thank for the reply.

shriya19
20th May 2012, 07:30 PM
hi...m getting 120 in aieee....cn i get admission in mit pune>??? m frm gen. category...hs - u.p

nitiarora
21st May 2012, 11:14 AM
hi...m getting 120 in aieee....cn i get admission in mit pune>??? m frm gen. category...hs - u.p

shriya19 the cutoff should be somewhere around 148

nishu76652
21st May 2012, 01:28 PM
m gettin abt 145 mrks.......n i wnt petroleum .......can i get in first round

nitiarora
21st May 2012, 06:52 PM
m gettin abt 145 mrks.......n i wnt petroleum .......can i get in first round

nishu76652 you have a fair chance

utkarsh_cool
22nd May 2012, 01:28 AM
mam, i am getting around 130 marks in aieee dnt knw d expected rank ...... can i get cse there ...... ????

Shipra.Deo
24th May 2012, 04:21 PM
mam, i am getting around 130 marks in aieee dnt knw d expected rank ...... can i get cse there ...... ????
utkarsh_cool there is a very less chance of you getting an admission here

shekhar.bcpl
24th May 2012, 04:50 PM
sir i am from obc category and getting abt 125 marks in aieee and 110 marks in iit.I am from outside of maharashtra.can i get admission in cse or it branch.plz tell me fee structure of mit for obc and procedure to take admission in mit.

Ishita khanna
25th May 2012, 12:07 PM
sir i am from obc category and getting abt 125 marks in aieee and 110 marks in iit.I am from outside of maharashtra.can i get admission in cse or it branch.plz tell me fee structure of mit for obc and procedure to take admission in mit.
shekhar.bcpl you have a fair chance of getting admission

for CSE I am not sure

nishu76652
25th May 2012, 09:47 PM
n wats the present fee structure for petroleum engg there???

Sneha lal
26th May 2012, 12:13 PM
n wats the present fee structure for petroleum engg there???
nishu76652 for fee structure and other details you can refer to http://www.faadooengineers.com/threads/6593-MIT-Pune-2012-Admission-Cutoff-Placements-ranking-Fees-Hostels-Campus-facilit

all the best....:)

Sneha lal
26th May 2012, 02:23 PM
According to last year's cut off your rank should be under 40k so that only u'll get MIT Pune..................... Could u plz tel me in which branch u r intrested????

manuj
29th May 2012, 10:09 PM
fee structure mentioned on its website is about 91000/- p.a. i think u have posted some wrong information regarding it in ur thread.will u plz elaborate d said one?

ankit3j
31st May 2012, 01:23 AM
First of all a word of appreciation for the moderators of this thread. I have been gathering info regarding various colleges for over a month now but I never saw a dedicated thread for any college and that too so well managed. Went through the earlier posts and found that your responses are quick and relevant.

Now my questions. The fees mentioned by you, 71K, is it per semester or annual fee? Also, what would be the complete fees including hostel, mess and everything? Moreover, are there any scholarships available for students with financial problems? I am from U.P. and expecting an AIEEE rank in the range of 40-50K. And do I need to fill a separate form for getting admission?

neha sobti
2nd June 2012, 04:27 PM
category- general
According to last year rank should be around 10-20 thousand for mit pune through aieee........................... what is your preferred branch???

nishu76652
3rd June 2012, 01:45 PM
thanx for the replies moderators........

ankit7777777
5th June 2012, 07:06 PM
what can i get in mit pune around 40k-45k in aieee 2012...i am an obc candidate from madhya pradesh..

Sneha lal
6th June 2012, 11:55 AM
fee structure mentioned on its website is about 91000/- p.a. i think u have posted some wrong information regarding it in ur thread.will u plz elaborate d said one?
hey,
this is per semester fee..................

Sneha lal
6th June 2012, 12:01 PM
First of all a word of appreciation for the moderators of this thread. I have been gathering info regarding various colleges for over a month now but I never saw a dedicated thread for any college and that too so well managed. Went through the earlier posts and found that your responses are quick and relevant.

Now my questions. The fees mentioned by you, 71K, is it per semester or annual fee? Also, what would be the complete fees including hostel, mess and everything? Moreover, are there any scholarships available for students with financial problems? I am from U.P. and expecting an AIEEE rank in the range of 40-50K. And do I need to fill a separate form for getting admission?
hey,
thanx ankit for appreciation......................... the i've mentioned is per semester..................and in 40k u can not get admission in mit..................

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

what can i get in mit pune around 40k-45k in aieee 2012...i am an obc candidate from madhya pradesh..
it is very low score for mit ............:(

manuj
7th June 2012, 07:48 PM
i want to tell about something to those who are asking questions about cut-off......i.e last year i.e in 2011 i got AIR 42833(general category) from rajasthan home state.i applied for mit pune and i got petro-chemical in first round.i was last to get that seat .but i didn't enroll there because of high fees.and now i m doing ca as i quit science stream.

ankit7777777
8th June 2012, 09:30 AM
so u think i can get any descent branch since i belong to obc....may be in later rounds

Sneha lal
8th June 2012, 10:46 AM
so u think i can get any descent branch since i belong to obc....may be in later rounds
hi,
no it's rare if u get any gud branch in mit pune but ya may be being obc candidate may be u'll get any decent branch so try in counselling for later rounds............................... :) best of luck...........

ankit7777777
8th June 2012, 12:31 PM
thanx..btw are u from mit itself??and can u please tell me whats the exact fees structure including living?

manuj
8th June 2012, 02:32 PM
the college fees is around 1.42 lakh per annum. Accommodation and food costs will be about 70k.some other expenses can also be there .lets take that around 10-15k.so overall it is around 2.25 lakh per annum.

aditi mishra1
10th June 2012, 10:34 AM
hi all,
im 4m general category.my marks in aieee are 120. my AIR is 71972 and AIR in girls quota is 51779. i belong to madhya pradesh and my state rank is 4095 and in girls quota my state rank is 3205, kindly suggest me which college can i get with this rank.
also can i get MIT pune with this rank?? plz reply asap.....

neelay
10th June 2012, 10:23 PM
Can anyone please tell me the MHT CET and AIEEE cut off's for CSE and IT at MIT , Pune ..
And the placement details of CSE specifically ?

My CET marks are 116 and my AIEEE AIR rank is 25464 in general category
Thank you

sid2694
10th June 2012, 11:29 PM
My CET marks are 153 and my AIEEE AIR is 19448 and home state(MAH) 1367 can i get CS??General category. thanks in advance

Sneha lal
11th June 2012, 02:28 PM
hi all,
im 4m general category.my marks in aieee are 120. my AIR is 71972 and AIR in girls quota is 51779. i belong to madhya pradesh and my state rank is 4095 and in girls quota my state rank is 3205, kindly suggest me which college can i get with this rank.
also can i get MIT pune with this rank?? plz reply asap.....
aditi mishra1 (http://www.faadooengineers.com/members/114575-aditi-mishra1) i dont think so that u can get MIT Pune this year as per last years cutoff

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

My CET marks are 153 and my AIEEE AIR is 19448 and home state(MAH) 1367 can i get CS??General category. thanks in advance

sid2694 you can get CS by the CET Marks as per last years cutoff

neelay
14th June 2012, 08:51 PM
an anyone please tell me the MHT CET and AIEEE cut off's for CSE and IT at MIT , Pune ..

My CET marks are 116 and my AIEEE AIR rank is 33748
Thank you

Ankan sobti
15th June 2012, 11:55 AM
an anyone please tell me the MHT CET and AIEEE cut off's for CSE and IT at MIT , Pune ..

Thank you
hey,
what is your state??

Sneha lal
15th June 2012, 12:17 PM

Thank you
hi,
According to me , and i think cutoff for mit will be between 120-150............. so u have fair chances to get mit............. :)

rohanrout95
17th June 2012, 06:15 PM
I am getting 113 marks in mht cet 2012 and 111 in aieee 2012 can i get admission in MIT,pune???

gmaheshwari
17th June 2012, 09:24 PM
Hi,
I am exploring admission in MIT-pune through AIEEE rank or management quota. I am out of state student. Can someone point me at the link to fill out forms and important dates (deadlines) and process for admission.
My AIEEE 2012 rank is 91000 and marks are 108, what are my chances of getting admission through regular counseling for AIEEE students

Best
G.

ayushagg
21st June 2012, 09:14 AM
Plz tell me can i get MIT pune, my AIEEE rank is 39424. i m from UP..
plz help me......

rsharma
26th June 2012, 02:44 AM
Hello!
I got AIR 51181 and HS 7195 (U.P.) in AIEEE.
Can I get admission in MIT Pune??
Branch Priority- CSE > ME > Petroleum > Petrochemical
plzzz reply ASAP!
Thanks!

vkrgupta2
13th July 2012, 06:34 PM
Sir what is the average salary for electronics and communication branch at mit pune nd what rank requiered in aieee for taking admision in mit pune for ths branch

shagar
10th May 2013, 02:53 PM
hey what are cutoffs for mtcet for civil enginnering
iam an obc candidate plzzz reply@ my email id
sagarteli27gmail.com

ms096587
16th May 2013, 11:44 AM
hello mam
i want to know about the admission in mit pune in petrolium branch through common merit list.I live in RAJASTHAN .pls rply.

santoshsahs
22nd June 2013, 06:37 PM
hi i m santosh from nepal n want to get admission in mit pune. what is its procedure for foreign students and fees?plz reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASH10
27th January 2014, 03:29 PM
hey wat will be the cut off i jee mains 2014for mit pune for petroleum engg!!:(shake):