Campus Location Bits, Pilani- Hyderabad Campus is about 25 Kms away from the Secunderabad Central Railway station, on Rajiv Rahadari (Karimnagar Highway) near Hakimpet Air Force station. The campus is in a serene atmosphere amidst scenic terrain with small hillocks and urban forest, near Shameerpet lake. The campus spreads across 200 Acres of land The Campus is situated in the vicinity of institutions like- ICICI Knowledge Park, NALSAR Law University, SP Bio-Tech Park etc.
|College Name:||BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad|
|Affiliated To:||Osmania University|
|Address:||BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus Jawahar Nagar,Shameerpet Mandal, Hyderabad, 500078, Andhra Pradesh. INDIA|
|Phone:||+91-040 66303999 Fax: +91-040 66303998|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- B.E. (Hons.) Chemical Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Civil Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science
- B.E. (Hons.) Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- M.E. Biotechnology
- M.E. Civil – Structural Engineering
- M.E. Micro Electronics
- M.E. Embedded Systems
- M.E. Thermal Engineering
- M.E. Design Engineering
- M.E. Computer Science
- M.Phil. Chemistry
Fee structure for various courses:
Integrated First Degrees
|Semester Fees First Semester Second Semester Summer term|
|Students’ Union fee|
|Students’ Aid Fund|
|Hostel fee (for on-campus students only)First Semester Second Semester Summer term|
|Mess & Electricity advance First Semester Second Semester Summer term (Payable at the beginning of each semester/term and adjustable at the end of the same)|
|Institute Caution Deposit|
Placement : Over time our placement process has been refined to make recruitment as simple as possible for students and companies alike. The life cycle of the placement process is:
- We contact companies about 2 months ahead of the placement schedule.
- Companies provide us with the necessary data through a Job announcement form
- We scrutinise the requirements and then send a formal invitation to the companies.
- We fix a mutually convenient date and time for the presentation & selection process.
- We announce the visit along with the details provided by the company in the announcement form to the students.
- We ask eligible students who are interested in the job to apply for the job a week before the visit.
- We provide essential details of applicants to the company.
- The company re-confirms travel plan a week before the allocated visit date. We book accommodation for company (on payment basis) at the Guesthouse within the campus.
- We book a presentation hall and a student volunteer is allocated to take care of the logistics on campus
- We announce the list of selected candidates once the company finalises it.
- Students sign offer letter and a copy is forwarded to the company.
Some of the salient points of the placement process are:
- No registration charges
- Rooms with LCD projectors and computers are provided for conducting pre-placement talks
- Rooms for aptitude tests, group discussions and interviews are also made available
- A team of dedicated placement committee volunteers work to ensure simpler logistics and all other related issues regarding campus placement
Campus: BITS, Pilani started its fourth Campus in the City of Hyderabad. The institute has acquired a land of 200 acres in Jawahar Nagar, Shameerpet Mandal from the Government of Andhra Pradesh through HUDA. This Campus is planned with an outlay of about Rs. 270 cores.
The foundation stone laying ceremoney of the Hyderabad Campus was performed by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradehs, Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy in the presence of Chancellor, Dr. K.K. Birla and other distinguished guests on Saturday the 28th of April, 2007. The new campus has started its academic activity in August, 2008.
Central library: The Central Library at BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus is a gateway to knowledge resources. Since its establishment in September 2008, the library is functioning in a makeshift arrangement with 3500 sqft area. Our exclusive library building with two floors (45000 sqft) is under construction. The new library building is expected to be ready in few weeks time from now.The library has collection of 16000+books and subscribes to over 115 Indian and 60 foreign periodicals. Students can have access to over 3500+ e journals. We are subscribing to books 24×7 e- books database where students and faculty members can have access to over 15000+ e books. The library began with a core collection of 1800 books. The collection of the library is growing by the day. We are planning to add other collections to the library in near future which will include CDs, audio/video cassettes etc. keeping in mind the requirements of placements. Students can have access to e-books and previous years’ examination question papers of various courses offered at BITS through our Digital Library.
Hostel:The Institute is fully residential and hostel accommodation is provided to all students. There are six hostels for boys and two hostels for girls.There are two common kitchen cum mess units for all students. The mess serves vegetarian and non-vegetarian food and the units operates under the management of 3 member student mess council. Students staying in the hostel have to necessarily take their food in the Hostel Messes. Every inmate of the hostel is provided with basic amenities like cot, table, chair, ceiling fan, cupboard. Each hostel is equipped with solar water heating systems. Common room facilities with Cable TV and telephone are available in each hostel. Internet connectivity has been provided in all hostel rooms.
Pearl -2011, the Annual Cultural Festival: of BITS Pilani, Hyderabad campus was held during February 10 – 13, 2011. The creative skills and talent of the students of the Institute as well as participants from across the country were put up on display for 80 consecutive hours.
It was inaugurated by Roseann O’Reilly Runte, Vice-Chancellor of Carleton University in Canada. Apart from participation by students from various colleges and Universities all over India, some professional music shows by internationally reputed bands were also held.
Pearl -2011 featured novel ideas incorporated into traditional events related to music, dance, drama, art and literature and ranged all the way to photography and even an online quiz. For the participants, it was an opportunity to learn and to grow. With various socially productive events and a philanthropic outlook and promoting social causes right from going green to spreading AIDS awareness, Pearl – 2011 was the epitome of socio-cultural festivities.