The Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology (CIET) was established in 2001 by the Kovai Kalaimagal Educational Trust (KKET), Coimbatore. “Light the Light Within” is the motto of the educational trust. Located in the campus of over 26.5 acres at Narasipuram, about 25 kms from Coimbatore city, the institute has a very picturesque and serene atmosphere surrounded by green hillocks. Ample facilities are also provided within the campus for extra curricular activities and for personality development.
|College Name:||COIMBATORE INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY|
|Affiliated To:||Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore|
|Address:||COIMBATORE INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, Vellimalaipattinam, Narasipuram (Post), Thondamuthur (Via),|
Coimbatore – 641 109. india
|Phone:||+91 422 2650703, +91 422 3299505, +91 97900 38605|
Fax : +91 422 2650704
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- B.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. – Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. – Civil Engineering
- B.Tech – Information Technology
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- M.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. – Engineering Design
- MBA -Master of Business Administration
Fee structure for various courses:
Name of the Scholarship
No.of students Sanction the Scholarship Amount
Total Amount to be Sanctioned
Backward classes ( Fresh & Renewal)
Most Backward classes (Fresh & Renewal)
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (Renewal)
Placement: The placement cell of CIET keenly concentrates on the basic placement requirements of the budding professionals and technocrats of the institution, like conducting effective communication skills training programmes and conducting general aptitude training. Professors with rich experience and profound knowledge from reputed institutions and organizations conduct regular placement oriented personality development classes.
The placement cell of ciet has placed its technocrats in various renowned organizations like:
Campus: The Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology (CIET) was established in 2001 by the Kovai Kalaimagal Educational Trust (KKET), Coimbatore. “Light the Light Within” is the motto of the educational trust. Located in the campus of over 26.5 acres at Narasipuram, about 25 kms from Coimbatore city, the institute has a very picturesque and serene atmosphere surrounded by green hillocks. Ample facilities are also provided within the campus for extra curricular activities and for personality development.
The aim of CIET is to provide value-based education to its students and to develop the overall personality of the students by enhancing their creativity, self-confidence, assertiveness, communication and leadership skills. The thrust is to bring out HUMANE and astute technocrats and professionals who will be a disciplined positive force in all walks of life. Programmes are planned with the specific objective of imparting up-to-date knowledge, improving the skills and developing a better and positive attitude in students. The scope extends well beyond aiming at academic excellence and is directed towards making better citizens of tomorrow.
Central library: The library is stocked with more than 24000 volumes and 6500 titles, covering a range of text books and reference books. The library has modern software and maintains Online Public Access Cataloger (OPAC) to help easily locate the required books. It has a digital library section to enable the students and faculty to have an access to online materials. Various national and international journals and periodicals are available under each section. A large number of CDs, DVDs and audio visual resources are also available. We have institutional memberships with the following institutions.
- Separate Hostel is available for Boys and Girls inside the campus, with furnished and spacious rooms.
- The hostels have excellent water facility, modern kitchen and dining.
- The students are provided with the choice of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- The rooms are furnished with individual cots, tables, chairs, and bureau.
- Importance is given for maintaining discipline and security of the students.
- The resident warden of each hostel takes care to fulfill the needs of the students and a homely atmosphere is created with a sense of security .
- Immediate medical care is given to hostel students on requirement owned 24 hours ambulance service is available.
- Facilities like Internet browsing, Library and Reading room, Medical Facilities, Laundry,Hair_Dressing facilities, Inbuilt Canteen, Xerox Centre etc. are available for the convenience of the students staying in the hostel.
- The Hostel administration is carried out by the Warden with the assistance of a Deputy Warden.
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
CIET IEEE student branch has been recognized as a hub centre in Coimbatore region by IEEE Madras section.The IEEE student branch regularly conducts various events like seminars, workship, conferences, paper and project presentation for the students.CIET received best performance appriciation award from IEEE madras section for the year2009.
National Service Scheme (NSS)
The NSS unit of CIET paves way for the younger generaion to render service through service camps at nearby villages to educate the villager on issues related to their welfare, medical camps and serice to the general community on request from civic authorities.
Youth Red Cross (YRC)
The YRC, another remarkable unit of CIET, do social service through blood donation camps, creates AIDS AWARENESS AMONG YOUTH thro’ its Red Ribbon Club and Yoga classes. The YRC, another remarkable unit of CIET, do social service through blood donation camps, creates AIDS AWARENESS AMONG YOUTH thro’ its Red Ribbon Club and Yoga classes.
Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)
Women Empowerment Cell has been established in the college with sponsorship of Anna University, Chennai. The Women Empowerment Cell of CIET strives to make women to be empowered economically and socially to become a strong and vigorous force in the development of the country.