The College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar was established by the Government of Orissa in 1981 to meet the growing technical man power need in the State. It was a constituent college of the Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology,Bhubaneswar. It has become a constituent college of Biju Pattnaik University of Technology,
|College Name:||College of Engineering & Technology|
|Affiliated To:||Autonomous Institute|
|Address:||College of Engineering & Technology
Ghatikia, Kalinga Nagar Bhubaneswar- 751003 Orissa, India
|Phone:||+91 674 2364075
Fax: + 91 674 2364172
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Fee structure for various courses:
Placements: The placement cell of CET consists of the following faculty members with effect from July 2011
Prof.(Dr.) F.Baliarsingh Reader,Civil Engineering Chairman
Prof.(Dr.) S.K.Pradhan PIC,Placement Member
Prof.(Dr.) J.Mishra HOD,IT Member
Prof.(Dr.) H.N.Thatoi HOD,Bio-Technology Member
This placement cell has helped the students by conducting different personality development programmes, group discussions, seminars, etc. from time to time. In this competitive age of the placement cell has led the process towards success. In 2009 batch, many of our students have been placed in various different companies like WIPRO, TCS, INFOSYS, ATOS ORIGIN, MIND TREE, VEDANTA, PPL, ALOK IND and many others. The placement cell of CET has worked wonders over the past few years and success record of the students placed in some of the best companies stands as a testimony to the fact.
Campus: The College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar was established by the Government of Orissa in 1981 to meet the growing technical man power need in the State. It was a constituent college of the Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology,Bhubaneswar. It has become a constituent college of Biju Pattnaik University of Technology,
Central library: There is a central library of the University which caters to the need to the teachers and students of the college. The library’s total requisition of books is about 116 lakhs. The library contributes for approximately 297 Indian and 191 foreign journals. Besides, there is a good collection of back volumes of important Journals. It has a reprography section which provides photocopies of documents at nominal cost. The library remains open from 10 AM to 10 PM on working days.
- For admission to any hostel, application shall be made directly to the Dean, Student’s Welfare in the prescribed form within 7 days of admission
- No candidate shall be admitted into hostel unless he/she has been admitted to any classes of the University
- A boarder shall normally be admitted only for one semester and change of hostels and rooms can be made after one semester subject to good conduct and discipline. No boarder is allowed to change his own room without the permission of the Hostel superintendent.
- Seat Allotment
- Seats are alloted to boarders by the superintendent.