IIT Rajasthan is one among the new set of IITs announced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. The location of the IIT in Rajasthan will be announced by the Govt. of India after completion of the formalities of land acquisition for setting up the new IIT in Rajasthan. However, in the meantime, IIT Kanpur has been designated as the mentor IIT for looking after the incubation activities of the new IIT in Rajasthan
|College Name:||Indian Institute of Technology Rajasthan|
|Affiliated To:||Autonomous Institute|
|Address:||Indian Institute of Technology Rajasthan|
Old Residency Road,
Ratanada, Jodhpur – 342 011 India
|Phone:||+91 291 244 9024|
Fax: +91 291 251 6823
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
1) Computer Science and Engineering
2) Electrical Engineering
3) Mechanical Engineering
4) Systems Science Engineering
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
IIT Rajasthan is committed to develop state of the art, research-led and multidisciplinary centers of excellence where scholars from different disciplines will carry forward productive research on emerging and important technological, scientific and social issues that characterize the challenges faced by the contemporary world. Teaching and research activities of the institute especially for Postgraduate and PhD Programmers are structured around various Centers of Excellence (Co Es) of the Institute. Each of the CoE will include participation in selected domains from renowned academic and research institutions or industry from within India and abroad, so as to carry out their research work in frontier areas.
Ph.D. Program me is offered in the following three centers of excellence in IIT Rajasthan :
- Center of Excellence in Energy
- Center of Excellence in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Center of Excellence in Systems Science (SS)
These CoE with their multidisciplinary ethos, diversity and multicultural work environment aim at transforming students into truly professional global citizens, competent to address the challenges being faced by the Nation and the society at large.
Uniqueness of Ph.D.programmer at IIT Rajasthan
Ph.D. students will carry out research only in the theme areas/ research proposals of the admitted Center of Excellence for their doctoral dissertations irrespective of their basic disciplines/specialization in the qualifying degree.
- An interdisciplinary doctoral committee shall be formed for each Ph.D. student to advise and guide the student to carry out his/her research work.The convener of the committee shall perform the role of primary adviser of the programmer.
- Each Ph.D. student needs to successfully complete a set of prescribed courses (as recommended by the doctoral committee) followed by a comprehensive examination and state-of-the art seminar within first two or three semesters from his/her date of registration of the programme.
Fee structure for various courses:
|FEE Particulars||IIT Rajasthan|
|One time payment||3400|
|Payable every semester||30750|
|Refundable caution deposit||4000|
|Medical insurance premium||1000|
|Total fees payable at the time of admission||37900|
- The SPC-IITJ sends out invitations to the companies along with the SPC Brochure and other relevant information.
- Companies interested in recruiting would be required to register on the SPC website. As a part of registration, they will be asked to provide the company profile and the details of the person(s) who is (are) to be contacted for future talks.
- SPC will verify the information provided by a company and after its verification, a login ID with a password will be sent to the companies.
- Using online account, the company may add job offers, upload PPT slides, float common notices, view profiles of students etc.
- The dates of Pre Placement Talks (PPTs) will be decided with mutual consent of SPC and company.
- The company also has the option of giving their PPT via video conferencing. This can be arranged on any working day from 6 PM onwards, or any time on weekends.
- Based on PPT, students will have to submit their resume before a deadline specified by the company.
- After this deadline, the company will be provided access to the resumes of all interested students.
- Companies should short-list students before commencement of the Placement session.
- Placements will start from 1st of December and the schedule for the same will be sent to the companies by 15th November.
Campus:IIT Rajasthan is committed to develop state of the art, research-led and multidisciplinary centers of excellence where scholars from different disciplines will carry forward productive research on emerging and important technological, scientific and social issues that characterize the challenges faced by the contemporary world. Teaching and research activities of the institute especially for Postgraduate and PhD Programmers are structured around various Centers of Excellence (Co-Es) of the Institute. Each of the CoE will include participation in selected domains from renowned academic and research institutions or industry from within India and abroad, so as to carry out their research work in frontier areas.
Central library:The library presently has around 5000 books and also subscribes to some magazines. Access to e-journals from Elsewhere Science Direct, Springer Link, and Scopes database are presently available. Through this facility, the faculty and students have access to a huge database of journals and research material. The library is in the process of enriching its collection in terms of books, journals and electronic/digital resources. The staff of Central Library is at the service students and faculty of IIT Rajasthan and its community at large.
- The Residential area is situated on the outskirts of the city, on the New Pali Road. The area is divided into several blocks for the students. The faculty also resides in the same residential area. The area is safe with excellent security round the clock. It also has several courts for outdoors as well as indoor sports.
- There is also a Computer Center and an extension of the Library to help students study at their leisure. All the hostels are also Wi-fi enabled. Several festivals and occasions are celebrated here with pomp and gaiety. The residential are also has lush green lawns which offer a very relaxing atmosphere amongst the busy activities of the institute.
- Health Center: IIT Rajasthan provides 24×7 health facilities to students at the residential campus. The institute also has tie-ups with some Hospitals in the city to cater to the medical needs of the students.
- ATM & Bank: The residential area has a branch of SBI (State Bank of India) and also an ATM of SBI enabling the students to make transactions with ease. There are several other banks namely UCO, HDFC, SBBJ, etc. close to the academic area.
- Mess: There are two separate messes, one in the residential area and the other one in the academic campus. The mess offers good quality food, regularly monitored by the wardens for hygiene and nutritional values, at very affordable rates.
- Visitor’s Hostel: The residential campus has a fully equipped visitors hostel which provides boarding and lodging facilities for all the Institute’s Guests, parents and guardians of students and newly appointed faculty.
- Air conditioned rooms are also available. Students can avail these facilities at concessional rates. We remind you that this facility cannot be availed by the students at the time of orientation.
- Transport Services: The institute has a bus service running between the Residential and Academic area at regular intervals, exclusively for the students, faculty and staff of the institute. The academic area being more or less at the heart of Jodhpur, allow easy access to other parts of the city.
- Shops: Shops catering all the various needs of the students, like stationary, general stores, medical stores, computer accessories, electrical hardware, bakery, etc. are present near the academic area of the campus. There are also two general stores, a medical store, stationay and a mobile phone accessories store opposite the residential area.
Spandan: Spandan was the first intra-college cultural event of IIT Rajasthan. This fest had a plethora of competitions and events. The first edition was held in IIT Kanpur and the second edition was held in Jodhpur. All the competitions were open for all students. Another important initiative was the blood donation camp which was sent in collaboration with a hospital which saw 136 students donating their blood for the cause. This fest was a huge success as all the students enjoyed themselves roughly, participating in it.
Nimble: It is the annual intro-college technical fest of IITJ. It gives the much required exposure to the first year students to participate in various national and international events. Many lectures and workshops are organized to help the students to solve the problem statement. There have been two editions and both have seen tremendous participation.
Kridansh: It is the annual intra-college sports festival of IITJ. It is the fest which has seen maximum participation over the years. There have been three editions of this fest and competitions in all the major sports are conducted. Also many informal events like Obstacle race, 6×100 m mixed relay and street cricket are played. This has been enjoyed enormously by everyone.