Employers look for many other qualities besides academic achievement. LPU students acquire a range of skills and experiences whilst at LPU to compete most effectively in the recruitment market. Exposure to teamwork, problem solving, leadership and communication skills is provided by encouraging the students to take up responsible position by involving them in hobbies and sports and by specially structured personality development programmes.
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Computer Applications/IT
- Hotel Management
- Paramedical Sciences
- Interior Design
- Physical Education
- Fashion Technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Journalism and Film Production
- Foreign Languages
- Social Sciences
- Fine Arts/Performing Arts
- Library Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- M.Tech (Full Time ) (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech (Part Time ) (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech (Full Time ) (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech (Part Time ) (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech (Full Time ) (Biotechnology
- M.Tech (Full Time ) (Mechanical Engineering)
- M.Tech (Part Time ) (Mechanical Engineering)
- Advance Diploma in CAD/CAM
- M.Tech (Full Time ) (Electrical Engineering)
Fee structure for various courses:
Tuition Fee 49,500/
- Placements: The placement department sends placement invitation letters to the companies enclosing a brief summary of the courses available at Lovely Professional University.
- The Placement Performa (PFA) is required to be filled in by the company. The completed form along with a brief company profile, job profile and details about campus recruitment drive is to be sent by the company to the Placement Office.
- The company can visit the campus for a Pre-Placement Talk either before the selection processes or can combine it with the final recruitment.
- On receiving information file, the placement office announces the requirements of the company, asking interested students to submit their resumes, which are then handed over to the company.
- The company is required to shortlist candidates from the application pool and eligibility data file sent and send the same with short listed candidates to the Placement Office at the earliest
- A mutually convenient date is finalized for the selection process/ recruitment drive.
- The company is required to furnish the final list of students preferably on the same day, or as soon as possible, after completion of the selection process.
- The offer letters need to be sent to the Placement Office for handing over to the students. Offer acceptances (from the students) received, will be sent to the company by the Placement Office.
Campus: Employers look for many other qualities besides academic achievement. LPU students acquire a range of skills and experiences whilst at LPU to compete most effectively in the recruitment market. Exposure to teamwork, problem solving, leadership and communication skills is provided by encouraging the students to take up responsible position by involving them in hobbies and sports and by specially structured personality development programmes.
Grooming clinics helps prepare students to prepare for interviews and to help students plan their career drives. The University encourages students to start thinking about their options early and runs many early bird programmes to help first and second year students to find vacation work within the campus. Earn While You Learn drive, allows LPU students to find employment within the University campus and also make money.
LPU organizes comprehensive personality enhancement programmes, which are in consonance with the requirements of the employers to develop students’ employability skills and make them aware of the range of occupations available to them. The students are invited to attend a range of events and career fairs to talk to employers about opportunities.
Central library: LPU houses a Central Library and separate libraries in each Faculty to provide to its students and staff a chance to explore a world of knowledge in a conducive environment. By making accessible a rich collection of print and non-print, primary and secondary material in various disciplines, the Libraries support the academic as well as research needs of thousands of students and hundreds of teachers of the University:
- The Libraries house a rich collection of text and reference books, journals, magazines, audio/videos, CD-ROMs, research reports, online Journals and databases and data analysis software, etc. in all areas of study in all disciplines.
- Use of RFID system and LIBSYS software in the libraries, which has made book issuing and depositing system completely an automatic process.
- WEB OPEC Catalog (Online Catalog) software which enables the students and staff to search the availability, request and reserve various books and other reference material available in the libraries at the comfort of their houses.
- Central Library houses a cyber café having 250 terminals for providing free access to internet to the students in the library itself. The internet facility is offered with a 500 Mbps dedicated leased line.
Hostel: The University provides magnificent hostels offering a comprehensive range of facilities within the University campus, separately for boys and girls. We understand that most of our students are moving away from home for the first time, so we strive to make the transition as smooth as possible by providing comfortable, safe and homely set-up within the hostels. All the rooms have been designed to provide adequate moving space and ample air and light. To guide the students and to monitor the day to day management of the hostels, each hostel has wardens.
The University has a wide range of accommodation options and most students find that these options suit to their needs. There are rooms ranging from 1 seater to 4 seater and students can take a room with or without AC as per their convenience and choice.
HOSTEL FACILITIES The University makes the best possible efforts to provide the finest services and facilities within the hostels. Following are the facilities offered in the hostels, subject to variation with respect to the hostel and/or room pattern allotted:
|Room Pattern (with attached washrooms)||Hostel Fee ( in ` )||Laundry Charges ( in ` ) (Compulsory)|
|With Air Cooler||With AC|
|Without Food*|| |
|Without Food*||With Food|
|Dormitory (5 or 6 Seater)|| |
|4 Seater|| |
|3 Seater|| |
|2 Seater|| |
|1 Seater|| |
|Flat 3 Seater (for Boys only)|| |
|Flat 2 Seater (for Boys only)|| |
|Flat 1 Seater (for Boys only)|| |
To provide technical exposure in allied activities related to studio work and organizing musical events. 3. The Challenges. 1.Challenge regarding aspirations.