Sri Jayachamarajendra College Of Engineering, conceived in 1963, is the dream child of Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamigalavaru, the 23rd pontiff of Sri Suttur Mutt. It comes under the aegis of JSS Mahavidyapeetha, which is the primary institution of many such institutions. The college was officially inauguarated by the esteemed founder of Manipal Institutes, Dr. T.M.A.Pai, the then chairman of the academy of education, Manipal, Mysore State.
|College Name:||Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, JSS Mahavidyapeetham|
|Affiliated To:||JSS Mahavidyapeeth|
|Address:||Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering,
Mysore – 570 006 india
|Phone:||0821- 2548285, 2548286, 2548287, 2548288
Fax: (091) 821 – 2548290
Streams at Graduate Level
- Civil Engineering – 60(Aided)
- Mechanical Engineering – 60(Aided)
- Industrial and Production Engineering – 60 (Aided)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering – 60(Aided)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – 120(Aided)
- Instrumentation Technology – 60(Aided)
- Computer Science and Engineering – 120(Aided)
- Environmental Engineering – 60(Aided)
- Polymer Science and Technology – 40(Aided)
- Information Science and Engineering – 60(Unaided)
- Biotechnology – 30(Unaided)
- Construction Technology and Management – 60(Unaided)
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- M.Tech in Industrial Electronics – 18 (Aided)
- M.Tech in Industrial Structures – 18 (Aided)
- M.Tech in Network & Internet Engineering – 25 (Unaided)
- M.Tech in Environmental Engineering – 18 (Aided)
- M.Tech in Maintenance Engineering – 18 (Aided)
- M.Tech in Computer Engineering – 18 (Aided)
- M.Tech in Software Engineering – 18 (Unaided)
- M.Tech in Biomedical Signal Processing & Instrumentation – 18 (Aided)
- M.Tech in Master of Engineering Management – 18 (Unaided)
- M.Tech in Energy System & Management – 18 (Unaided)
- M.Tech in Health Science & Water Engineering – 18 (Unaided)
- M.Tech in Polymer Science – 18 (Unaided)
- M.Tech in Bio-Technology – 18 (Unaided)
- Master of Computer Applications – 60 (Unaided)
- Master of Business Administration – 120 (Unaided
Fee structure for various courses:
Placements: SJCE – Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering is one of the most sought after destinations amongst the students. Located in the southern part of Karnataka, SJCE is one of the dream destinations and attracts highly meritorious students from various parts of Karnataka and also abroad. This is mainly attributed to many factors; one of them being in SJCE’s efforts to get the students placed in various organizations through campus placements organized by the Placement and Training Cell. SJCE has been in the forefront of activities bringing both corporate and companies close to the campus and encouraging then to establish facilities to cater to the needs of both faculty and students.
SJCE was granted autonomy and is presently one of the 17 engineering colleges which are granted autonomy in 2006-2007. Thus 2010 – 2011 year is an important year as SJCE’s first batch students under autonomous scheme would be passing out in June-July 2011.
Placement for this batch stared in 2010 to be specific immediately after their VI Semester examination. This batch has the academic system changed from percentage to CGPA. This batch was considered very keenly and thus steps were taken to provide best so that the companies find this system as simple as possible and also expected to have this migration process smooth and steady. There was a significant improvement in the number of students who were eligible for the process compared to previous years.
Campus: Sri Jayachamarajendra College Of Engineering, conceived in 1963, is the dream child of Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamigalavaru, the 23rd pontiff of Sri Suttur Mutt. It comes under the aegis of JSS Mahavidyapeetha, which is the primary institution of many such institutions. The college was officially inaugurated by the esteemed founder of Manipal Institutes, Dr. T.M.A.Pai, the then chairman of the academy of education, Manipal, Mysore State.
Central library: Library, being one of the very important organs of the system, is the center of all activities on the Campus. The center is equipped with over 60,326 volumes covering all branches of Science and Engineering, Encyclopaedia, Dictionaries, Hand Books, Data Books etc. It has adopted open access system and maintains author, title, subject and series cataloger to provide multiple access to the stack. It also has a fairly good collection of ISI specifications, Project Reports and Dissertations, Doctoral Thesis and Proceedings of Conferences and Monographs.
The center is catering to the needs of the students, faculty and research scholars. Further library provides audio visual facilities, photo copying facilities, book bank facilities etc.
Hostel: facilities for about 440 boys and 210 girls
- Safety Awarness programme was organized at the college ground on 5th November 2011.
- SJCE is selected for assistance by World Bank under TEQIP Phase-II.
- Rajath Moodithaya & Pavan R. Kulkarni, SJCE, Mysore were Runners-Up in annual IT Quiz competiton titled Engineering Quiz – TCS Tech Bytes held at Bengaluru.