The Government of Composite Madras State sanctioned the present Engineering College at Visakhapatnam in 1946 even though the seeds of Technological education were sown when Sugar Technology was started in the year 1933. In 1946, initially the College was located at Cocanada, now called as Kakinada. After the separation of Andhra State in 1953, the Department of Engineering with Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineering sections was started as a part of Andhra University. In 1960 it was shifted to a 167 acre land now called the North campus of Andhra University.
|College Name:||AU College of Engineering|
|Affiliated To:||Autonomous Institute|
|Address:||AU College of Engineering,|
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam – 530 003. India
|Phone:||0891-2844999, 2754586 Fax : 0891-2791179, 2747969|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- B.E. (Civil Engg.)
- B.E. (Civil Environment Engg.)
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering )
- B Eng. (Aircraft Engineering)
- B.E. (Electromechanical)
- B.E.(Naval Arch. & Marine Engg.)
- B.E (EEE)
- B.E.(Electronics & Communication Engg.)
- B.Tech (CS&SE)
- B.Tech. (Chemical Engg.)
- B.Tech (Chemical Engg. With Petro Chemical Engg as Elective.)
- B.Tech. (Chemical Engg. With Ceramic Technology as Elective)
- B.Tech. (Bio-Technology)
- B.Tech. (Geo-Informatics)
- B.E (Metallurgical Engg.)
- B.Tech. (Instrumentation Engg.)
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- M.E. (Structural Engineering)
- M.E.(Environmental Engg. And Management)
- M.E. (Hydraulics, Coastal and Harbour Engg.)
- M.E. (Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engg.)
- M.E. (Structural Engg. & Natural Disaster Mgt.)
- M.E. (Construction Technology and Project Mgt.)
- M.E (Transportation Engg.)
- M.E (Water Resources Engg. and GIS
- M.E.(Machine Design)
- M.E. (Industrial Engineering
- M.E. (CAD/CAM)
- M.E (Heat Transfer in Energy Systems)
- M.E.(Marine Engg. And Mechanical Handling)
- M.Tech. (Naval Architecture)
- M.E (Power Systems & Automation)
- M.E(Control Systems)
- M.E (Power Electronics Drives and Control)
- M.E (Electronics Instrumentation)
- M.Tech. (Radar & Microwave Engg.)
- M.Tech. (Bio-Medical Engg.)
- M.Tech (Tele Communications) Dual Degree Programme
- M.Tech (Signal Processing) Dual Degree Programme
- M.Tech. (Computer Science & Technology)
- M.Tech. (Information Technology)
- M.Tech. (CST with Specialization in Artificial Intelligence & Robotics)
- M.Tech. (CST with Specialization in Computer Networks)
- M.Tech. (CST with Specialization in Bio-Informatics)
Fee structure for various courses:
Annual Fee 25,000/
Placements: In the first year of its establishment the college has conducted off-campus placements with Cipla, Flamingo etc.
Campus: The Government of Composite Madras State sanctioned the present Engineering College at Visakhapatnam in 1946 even though the seeds of Technological education were sown when Sugar Technology was started in the year 1933. In 1946, initially the College was located at Cocanada, now called as Kakinada. After the separation of Andhra State in 1953, the Department of Engineering with Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineering sections was started as a part of Andhra University. In 1960 it was shifted to a 167 acre land now called the North campus of Andhra University. The restructuring of the University Colleges saw the emergence of Andhra University College of Engineering in 1960. By 1962 the Department of Chemical Technology, earlier known as Sugar Technology that started way back in 1933 itself, was also moved to the North Campus. The sections of Basic Sciences were upgraded in 1964 to Departments in 1979. Over the years, the Andhra University College of Engineering grew from strength to strength and at present offers 17 UG and 42 PG Programs.
Andhra University is a premier Institute of higher education in India, was established in 1926. Located on the uplands of Visakhapatnam, ‘The City of Destiny’, the natural beauty of the University campus is breathtaking, with the spread of serene blue shade of the ‘Bay of Bengal’ on one side of it and on the other, beautiful green Kailasagiri hill range. Sir Dr. C.R.Reddy was the founder Vice-Chancellor of the Andhra University.
Central library: The Library is to be used for the purpose of academic study and research and for the consultation of subject and other related material. Everyone on the library shall respect the rights of other users.
- Anyone using the library shall identify themselves on request to any member of the library staff. Silence must be strictly observed both by the users and the library staff in user reading and reference zones of the library.
- The use of cell phones with in the library is forbidden. Users are not permitted to smoke, consume food or drink in the library.
- No one shall reserve a working place in the library by leaving library material or personal property on a reading table.
- The library is not responsible for any loss of any personal property brought into the library.
Hostel: Separate hostels for boys and girls are provided in the city.