The department of Electronics and Communication, J.K.Institute of Applied Physics and Technology is located in the campus of science faculty of the University of Allahabad. Its foundation stone was laid by Late Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India, on April 14, 1949 and it was formally inaugurated by him on April 4, 1956. J.K. Charitable Trust contributed for the construction of the complete building structure of the institute. It is a pioneer department in the country for teaching and research in the disciplines of Electronics and Communication and Computer Science.
|College Name:||J K institute of Applied Physics and Technology|
|Affiliated To:||Agra University|
|Address:||Colonelganj Rd, Colnel Ganj, George Town,
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211002
|Phone:||0532-460443 Extn 301, 310, 317, 320|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering.
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
Fee structure for various courses:
Placements: The institute has a dedicated placement cell that comprises of both student committee and faculty that liaisons with corporate sector .The institute has a well laid out and systematic process of dovetailing students’ career aspirations with corporate expectations. The placement office headed by the Dean acts as central hub for all placement related activities and is a repository of all information and resources.
Students Placement Cell contains a group of two boys and two girls from each stream .The activities of the Students Placement Cell can be divided in different modes like total management for the recruitment process, organizing several mock test for the students, and pre-placement preparation etc.. The placement cell makes a significant role in preparing Placement Brochure for recruitment process of the company.
Campus: The department of Electronics and Communication, J.K.Institute of Applied Physics and Technology is located in the campus of science faculty of the University of Allahabad. Its foundation stone was laid by Late Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India, on April 14, 1949 and it was formally inaugurated by him on April 4, 1956. J.K. Charitable Trust contributed for the construction of the complete building structure of the institute. It is a pioneer department in the country for teaching and research in the disciplines of Electronics and Communication and Computer Science.
The department conducts courses in the fields of Electronics and Communication and Computer Science leading up to the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and D.Phil. program as well. From the year 2008, the institute has adopted 4 year degree course pattern and is inducting the students through AIEEE. The undergraduate course in Computer Science was started in 1982 and the post graduate course in Computer Science was started in the year 1986. The defense Research and Development organization (DRDO) had selected the institute as a center of Manpower development in the area of Computer Science through which the students were inducted as Scientist B in their organizations up to 1992. After 1992, M.Sc. Computer Science program has been taken over as UGC program.
Central library: The Library began its existence in 1957. Since then, it has grown in size and content along with the Department of Electronics and Communication to take the present shape. All these years, it has been the life-line for the academic activity of the department. At present, it stands as a modern library with a lot of facilities and as the largest of the various departments of the university in terms of the number of books and journals. The library serves the academic needs of about 400 UG and PG students and research scholars, nearly 35 faculty members and about 40 technical, administrative and medical staff of our institute. Besides its services are extended to a number of other organizations also. The Library resources stand at about one lakh volumes including books, back- volumes of periodicals, micro forms, video forms, theses, patents and standards. The journal subscription goes beyond 150. While all journal subscriptions are available in the present form, some are available in CD ROM form also. The Library collection also includes a large section of expensive reference books, a large number of text book collection meant to cater for the courses running in the institute and a collection of books ear-marked for SC / ST students.
The Library has been catering to the needs of the undergraduates, postgraduate research scholars, faculty and staff members of the department and other departments of the university. The book collection has been supporting the teaching, research, development and other professional activities of these departments. The demands of the ever-growing research areas multiple disciplines is being catered with the help of latest volumes, in almost all fields Engineering, Science, Technology and general areas.
Collection and Resources
The Library collection consists of over a lakh volumes, more than 1000 Current Periodical subscriptions including periodicals on Electronic media and around 50 Gifted periodicals. The collection consists of books, reports, conference proceedings, back volumes of periodicals, standards, theses, Microforms, CD-ROMs, Floppies and AV materials.
The Books are arranged according to Dewey Decimal classification. Each row of the racks has been labeled with the range of class numbers in the corresponding row.
The current periodicals are arranged subject wise in alphabetical order. Titles of periodicals are kept in the east portion of the Building. Current Periodicals are added daily to the Display area.
The reference collection consists of Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Handbooks etc., and is housed in east portion of the room. The brochures, pamphlets, University calendars, Newsletters, Gifted periodicals, Annual reports, Faculty collection including Institute publications are kept adjacent to the Reference Section.
The non-book collection consists of standards, Institute theses, Foreign theses, reprints, patents and micro-forms and housed in the north portion of the hall.
The collection consists of CD-ROMs, Floppies and AV materials including a collection of video courses.