R.M.D. Engineering College started in the year 2001 – 2002 at Kavaraipettai, Gummudipoondi Taluk,Thiruvallur district under the auspices of Sri Swaminatha Naidu Educational Trust, a registered Telugu Educational Trust, is an institution creating paradigm shifts with deeper insights towards innovative growth and excellence.. Sri Swaminatha Naidu Educational Trust renders philanthropic and educational service to Telugu linguistic people living in rural areas bordering Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The main objective of the Trust is to foster quality technical, management and higher education, research and training in rural areas in various branches of science and technology and simultaneously inculcate among the youth a sense of discipline so that they can be molded into competent and talented engineers.
|College Name:||R.M.D. Engineering College|
|Affiliated To:||Anna University|
|Address:||R.M.D. Engineering College,
R.S.M. Nagar,Kavaraipettai, Gummidipoondi Taluk, Tiruvallur District, Tamil Nadu Pin code: 601 206. India
|Phone:||91-44 – 27925562, 27925563, 27925564|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Tech.
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
Fee structure for various courses:
Placements : The Department of Training and Placement at RMD Engineering College was set up in June 2004 for the first time in the history of College, with a view to enable the students to get the employment opportunities right in the campus while they pursue their studies. The cell comprised of members of faculty one from each of the Engineering Departments to coordinate with the Department, in conducting programs like communication skill development, Personality development, Technical skill development, etc. Since the time of its inception, the members of the cell have been working on the training and development activities to equip the students to meet the requirements of the recruiting companies. The college has provided with conference halls equipped with Audio-Visual systems, power point presentation systems, Literature such as Puzzle solving books, books that contain information on career development, managerial ethics, and techniques needed to face interviews, and books on computer languages. The Institution has a remarkable interaction with the top ranking IT, Electrical and Electronics Industries in and around Chennai and this Industry-Institution interaction helps the student community to be aware of the demand of the recruiters. Several Industrial visits are arranged in each semester and students are exposed to the latest trends adopted in the Industrial sector towards the technological developments.
Campus: R.M.D. Engineering College started in the year 2001 – 2002 at Kavaraipettai, Gummudipoondi Taluk,Thiruvallur district under the auspices of Sri Swaminatha Naidu Educational Trust, a registered Telugu Educational Trust, is an institution creating paradigm shifts with deeper insights towards innovative growth and excellence.. Sri Swaminatha Naidu Educational Trust renders philanthropic and educational service to Telugu linguistic people living in rural areas bordering Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The main objective of the Trust is to foster quality technical, management and higher education, research and training in rural areas in various branches of science and technology and simultaneously inculcate among the youth a sense of discipline so that they can be molded into competent and talented engineers.
The College is located at Kavaraipettai at a distance of about 35 km from Chennai on the Chennai – Vijayawada National Highway (NH5). It can be easily reached from Chennai by buses proceeding to Gummudipoondi / Sulurpet / Nellore / Nayudupet / Sri Kalahasthi / Thirupathi and is located at the confluence of India’s industrial landscape.The College is also accessible by suburban trains running between Chennai and Gummudipoondi and is about a kilometer from Kavaraipettai railway station.
College offers undergraduate programmes in Engineering and Technology and also Postgraduate Programmes inEngineering, Business Administration and computer Application. It maintains an aura of culture and legacy of unparalleled excellence and irreversible integrity of values inculcated in every student.
Central library: The Library of RMD Engineering College has set a vision to satisfy the reader community needs. Our spacious library, the seat of knowledge, entertains and evokes enthusiasm among the students with interesting collection of books a variety of journals are also within reach to assimilate and enhance awareness.
The College is endowed with a fully computerized main library with an area of 1065 Sq.mt, which has a collection of nearly 24107 books, 1936 Reference Books, 2500 CD ROMs, 55 Floppies, 35 Audio Cassettes besides subscribing to nearly 142 national and international journals and 43 leading magazines. In addition it has a collection of 515 back volumes of journals and magazines. A comfortably furnished airconditioned reading room that provides conducive environment for its members. Apart from this, individual departments have their own specialised collection of books.We have a separative section for PG courses.The library has a special collection of books for the various examinations, which includes BEC, TOEFL, GRE, GATE (all Branches), and UPSC.
Hostel: Separate hostels are provided for boys and girls. Boys Hostel has 100 rooms and can accommodate about 300 students and the Girls hostel has 20 rooms, which can accommodate about 70 students.
The hostel rooms are spacious, adequately ventilated, well maintained and furnished with necessary accessories. The hostel also has a separate gymnasium and beauty parlour for the girls and a gymnasium, and air-conditioned saloon for the boys. The hostel, in addition, has a general store for provisions required by the students.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS
1. Students desirous of staying in the hostel should express the same in the prescribed form. The option forms should be handed over to the Warden. Rules and Regulations that should be followed in the Hostel are listed below.
2. They have to pay the prescribed fee before joining the hostel; otherwise they will not be permitted to stay in the hostel. Payment in installments is not permitted.
3. No student should stay in the hostel when the College is working without specific permission from the Warden.
4. The mess timings are: Breakfast: 7.30am – 8.00am Lunch: As mentioned in the college time table
Tea: 3.30pm – 4.00pm Dinner: 7.30pm – 8.00pm
5. The study hours in the hostel are 9.00 am and 12.00 noon (on holidays) and 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm daily. During the study hours the students are expected to stay in their rooms and should avoid group discussions.
6. Students can entertain the visitors only during visiting hours. The normal visiting hours are between 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm on working days and between 2.00 pm and 6.00 pm on Sundays and other holidays.
7. Permission to go out of the hostel will ordinarily be given once in a month on a holiday. They can leave the hostel after 6.30 am and should return before 6.00 pm.
8. No student will be allowed to leave the hostel based on a phone call. Phone calls from outsiders, other than parents of the students, are strictly prohibited.
9. Parents are requested to give a list of authorized visitors /local guardians who can be permitted to visit the students in the hostel. Visitors other than those given in the list should get an authorization from the parents or the parents should intimate the Principal about the visit in advance.
10. Students will ordinarily be permitted to go home only if the College is closed continuously for 5 days or more. Students going out of hostel either to the city for a day’s visit or to their native places for holidays should enter the date and time of leaving the hostel and the proposed date and time of return to the hostel.
11. Any student desirous of attending a function in their house, a marriage or any other ceremony will be permitted to go only if the request is made directly by the parents to the Principal.
12. Local guardians authorized by parents of the students are expected to take care of the students’ welfare and provide moral support. They may visit the students periodically during visiting hours. The students are not permitted to stay in the local guardians’ houses overnight and care should be taken by the local guardians in not inviting their wards to their houses on phone.
13. Students who do not pay their hostel dues or are found guilty of misbehavior or bad conduct will be expelled from the hostels.