To become an institute of great repute, in the fields of Science, Applied Science, Engineering, Technology and Management studies, by offering a full range of programmes of global standard, to foster research, and to transform the students into globally competent personalities.
|College Name:||Sona College of Technology|
|Affiliated To:||Anna University of Technology|
|Address:||Sona College of Technology,|
Thiagarajar Polytechnic College Road, Salem – 636 005, Tamilnadu, India
|Phone:||91 – 427 – 2443545, 4099999 Fax : 91 – 427 – 4099888.|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
|Mechanical Engineering||Four Academic Years Comprising 8 Semesters|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Textile Technology (Fashion Technology)|
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
|Programme||Duration||Duration (Part Time)|
|M.E. – Computer Science and Engineering||Two Academic Years Comprising 4 Semesters||Three Academic Years Comprising 6 Semesters|
|M.E. – Software Engineering|
|M.E. – VLSI Design|
|M.E. – Product Design and Development|
|M.E. – Power Electronics and Drives|
|M.E. – Power System Engineering|
|M.E. – Engineering Design|
|M.E. – Communication Systems|
|M.E. – Structural Engineering|
|MBA – Master of Business Administration||Two Academic Years Comprising 4 Semesters||–|
|MCA – Master of Computer Applications||Three Academic Years Comprising 6 Semesters||–|
Placements: The students are trained to attain the above objectives through a variety of programmes run by the Placement & Training Cell such as:
1. Industry Institute Programmes – Corporate leaders from leading industries are invited regularly to interact with students.
2. Various Training Programmes are organized to train the students in the areas of Aptitude, Quantitative Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Verbal through the Reputed External Training centers and IIM Alumni’s.
3. Technical training programmes are being conducted by Technical experts.
4. Language learning programmes to train students in developing their communication skills and foreign language skills such as German and French using the language lab.
5. Training through Mock Interviews for students to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
Campus: To become an institute of great repute, in the fields of Science, Applied Science, Engineering, Technology and Management studies, by offering a full range of programmes of global standard, to foster research, and to transform the students into globally competent personalities.
M I S S I O N
- To provide Graduate, Post-graduate, Doctoral and other value-added programmes beneficial for the students
- To provide state-of-the-art resources required to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, and supplementary processes
- To provide Faculty and Staff with the required qualification and competence and to provide opportunity to upgrade their knowledge and skills
- To motivate the students to pursue higher education, competitive exams, and other value added programmes for their holistic development
- To provide opportunity to the students to bring out their inherent talent
- To establish Centres of excellence in the emerging areas of research
- To have regular interaction with the Industries in the area of R & D, and offer consultancy, training and testing services
- To offer Continuing education, and Non-formal vocational education programmes beneficial to the society
Central library: The Library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in science, engineering, technology, humanities, social sciences and management. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, Bound volumes of journals, Technical Reports, Theses, Video Cassettes, Compact Discs and Microforms. The library is using Autolib OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), wherein the users can search the Library Online Catalogue by Author’s name, title, subject, and keywords available on the campus LAN. The total collection of library stands as follows :
Hostel: Separate hostel facilities are available for boys and girls. The hostel provides accommodation for all the needy students. The rooms are furnished with table, chair, cot and fan. The Hostel is managed by a committee consisting of :
i) Senior Deputy Warden
ii) Deputy Wardens
iii) Residential Tutors
iv) Mess Representatives