SSN Institutions, founded by Dr. Shiv Nadar, Chairman, HCL Technologies, stands out as a premier center of higher learning with a mission of pursuing excellence in education and research. The institutions, with their diverse and dynamic community of students offer a distinctive combination of some of the finest graduate, undergraduate and research programs, accomplished faculty, world class facilities and a residential campus set on a sprawling 250 acres of sylvan surroundings.
|College Name:||SSN College Of Engineering|
|Affiliated To:||Anna University, Chennai|
|Address:||SSN College Of Engineering
211/ 95, V.M. Street Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004 India
|Phone:||91 44 27469700, 2498 2656; 24986474 Telefax: 91 44 27469772, 2498 2656; 24986474|
|Map:||[google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”Chennai India” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- B.E. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- B.E. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- B.E. (Bio-Medical Engineering)
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Information Technology)
- B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- M.E (Communication Systems)
- M.E (Computer Science & Engineering)
- M.E (Applied Electronics)
- M.E (Power Electronics & Drives)
- M.E (Computer and Communication)
- M.E. in VLSI Design (ECE Department)
Fee structure for various courses:
Placements: Recruiting Companies @ SSN College of Engineering
· Archean Group of Companies
· Aricent Technologies
· AIG Systems Solutions Pvt. Ltd
· AdventNet Development Centre
· Alactel Development Centre Chennai (P) Ltd.
· Aspire Systems (India) P Ltd.
· American Megatrends India Pvt. Ltd.
· Allfon Systems P Ltd.
· @Road Software
· Birlasoft Ltd.
· Computer Science Corporation
· CEI India
· Caritor (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· Cognizant Technology Solutions (India) P Ltd.
· Covansys (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· Cybernet Software Systems Pvt. Ltd
· Cerner Healthcare Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
· Convergys Information Management (India) P Ltd.
· Citigroup Information Technology Operations and Solutions Ltd.
· Citicorp financial services India P Ltd.
· DSL Software Ltd.
· Dexerity Business Analysis
· Easy Solutions
· EDS Electronic Data Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· EDS Mphasis
· Essar Steel Ltd.
· Exeter Solutions Ltd
· Efficient Frontier
· EID Parry India
· FCG Software (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· Future Software
· FL Smidth Services
· Frost & Solution
· Fidelity Business Services
· GDA Technologies Ltd.
· Global Realty Outstanding India Pvt. Ltd.
· Honey Well
· HTL Ltd.
· HCL Technologies BPO Services Ltd.
· HCL Comnet Ltd.
· Hewlett Packard India
· HCL Infosystems Ltd.
· HCL Technologies Ltd.
· Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
· Infosys Technologies Ltd.
· iNautix Technologies Ltd.
· i-Flex Solutions Ltd.
· Integra Micro Systems (P) Ltd.
· Inter Global Technologies Ltd
· Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
· iSoft Tech
Campus: SSN Institutions, founded by Dr. Shiv Nadar, Chairman, HCL Technologies, stands out as a premier center of higher learning with a mission of pursuing excellence in education and research. The institutions, with their diverse and dynamic community of students offer a distinctive combination of some of the finest graduate, undergraduate and research programs, accomplished faculty, world class facilities and a residential campus set on a sprawling 250 acres of sylvan surroundings. SSN Institutions provide a variety of stimulating environments for intellectual development, free thinking, and personal growth, challenging its students with dynamic learning opportunities and equipping them with the skills, insights, attitudes and practical experiences that are necessary to take up responsibilities in the society. While students at SSN immerse themselves in academics, the college has a lot in store for them outside the classroom. Student life includes participation in sports, recreational & co-curricular activities and culturals. In short, at SSN, students will find an academic and social environment where everyone- from faculty members to peers help shape their future. SSN is a home to aesthetically designed buildings with state of the-art computer and internet facilities, modern workshops, seminar halls, auditoriums and well stocked libraries, sports and games fields in addition to an indoor stadium with gymnasium.
Central library: SSN Central Library, an air conditioned facility that houses nearly 46,000 volumes of books. An online journal database with a link to IEL (IEEE & IEE), ACM, Science Direct, SpringerLink.com and EBSCO is also available. The assortment of 206 national and 114 international journals and magazines is a major enabler for students in their study and research. The spacious reading area lends a calm and comfortable atmosphere for students and faculty members to pursue excellence in academic activity. The library is constantly augmented with the addition of about 1200 books every semester. It goes without saying that the library is equipped with all modern facilities at par with international standards.SSN also has Institutional membership in the libraries of IIT-Madras, Anna University, British Council, MALIBNET (Madras Library Network, Chennai) and DELNET (Developing Library Network, New Delhi).
Also available are 110 NPTEL video lectures and 129 web courses in various disciplines. This facility can be accessed inside the campus through intranet. Interactive lecturers through Anna EDUSAT Ku-Band are also available for the use of faculty and students.
Open from 8.00 a.m. to 8.30 p.m., The library owns a book bank section of 712 volumes to cater to the needs of some deserving candidates.
Hostel: There are separate hostels for boys and girls. The rooms are spaciously designed with adequate storage moving areas. The wi-fi facility extends to most of the hostels. In addition, some rooms are provided with a wired connection. Access to internet from hostels is a facility that aids the quest for knowledge. Each hostel is attached with a modern kitchen, a dining hall, a reading room with newspapers, periodicals and magazines, a TV and a telephone.
The faculty and other staff may avail the residential facilities quarters available in the campus if they so desire. This is allotted on the basis of seniority and availability. Transport is arranged from the campus to Kelambakkam for the day-to-day needs of the residents in the quarters.
- Instincts Version 5.0 Inter College Cultural