Thiagarajar College Of Engineering, Madurai – College Details
Thiagarajar College of Engineering(TCE), Madurai, an ISO 9001:2008 certified Institution affiliated to Anna University is one among the several educational and philanthropic institutions founded by Philanthropist and Industrialist Late. Shri. Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar. It was established in the year 1957.
|College Name:||Thiagarajar College Of Engineering, Madurai|
|Affiliated To:||Anna University|
|Address:||Thiagarajar College Of Engineering, Madurai 625 015 Tamilnadu INDIA|
|Phone:||+91 452 2482240,2482241,2482242|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- B.E. Civil Engineering:
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering:
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
- B.E. Electronics and Communications Engineering:
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering:
- B.Tech. Information Technology:
- B.Arch. Architecture:
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- M.E. Structural Engineering
- M.E. Power Systems
- M.E. Communication Systems
- M.E. Production Engineering
- M.E. Industrial Engineering
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. Wireless Technologies
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- M.Sc. Applied Chemistry
- M.Sc. Materials Science
- M.Tech. Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech. Control&Instrumentation Engineering
Fee structure for various courses
|ORSI Member||Rs. 2500|
|Non ORSI Member||Rs. 3000|
|Student Delegate(Domestic)||Rs 1000|
|Student Delegates(International)||US $100|
|Foreign delegate||US $200|
Placements: With the active co-operation of the students, it helps them to contact various organisations (both public and private) and arrange for inplant training during winter / summer vacations.
It contacts organisation to get permissions for final year MCA to undertake project work. Organised model tests, aptitude test, group discussions and contest in order to train final and pre-final students to face interviews and competitions.
Conducts seminars on vocational guidance and entrepreneurship awareness campus and special lectures by eminent professionals.
Recommends names of fresh graduates for placement when requested by Government department / private organisations / companies. Arranges campus interviews for the direct recruitment of final year students.
Campus: Thiagarajar College of Engineering(TCE), Madurai, an ISO 9001:2008 certified Institution affiliated to Anna University is one among the several educational and philanthropic institutions founded by Philanthropist and Industrialist Late. Shri. Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar. It was established in the year 1957. TCE is funded by Central & State Governments and Management. The courses offered in TCE are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. It was granted Autonomy in the year 1987. TCE has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. TCE offers Seven Undergraduate Programmes, Fourteen Postgraduate Programmes and Doctoral Programmes in Engineering, Science and Architecture.
Central library: TCE library supports the institute’s program of study and research. Institute Archives, offer access to a wide range of materials, both printed and electronic. The collection includes
- More than 67000 Books.
- 300 plus Online Journal subscriptions
- 140 Indian Journals and 28 International Journals
The library seeks to create and manage an environment that supports learning and research, and fosters a sense of community at TCE. In pursuit of these goals, the library expect users to follow the rules.
Hostel:The hostel provides accommodation for 700 students of our Institution. The Ladies Hostel in the campus covers the area of 7750 sq.mt. and can accommodate 484 students. In addition to this the annexation in Thirunagar can accommodate 216 students. In the spacious and ventilated dining hall 312 students can dine at a time.
General facilities available:
- Computer laboratory with 24 Hours Browsing facility
- Wire free net facility through out the hostel campus.
- Software availability according to the needs of the students.
- Library with 700 text & reference books, leading journals and books on general reading.
- Gym with Rawing Machine, Dual Socker, Abdomen king, Treadmil , Etc.,
- Prayer hall and recreation hall
- The acknowledgment card should be sent on or before 15/7/2011.
- The participants list should be sent on or before 22/7/2011.
- Registration at the venue is not allowed unless under genuine circumstances.
- Registration starts from 7:00 AM on the day of QUEST and will be strictly closed by 10:00 AM.
- A student must not participate in more than 3 events.
- If the participant has participated in 3 events, he/she is eligible to participate in any number of “SPECIAL EVENTS”.
- Stick to time limit. Extension beyond the allotted time will invite negative marks
- Usage of fire, smoke, and water for the on-stage events are strictly prohibited.
- Proper dressing sense is to maintained. Vulgarity in any form will lead to disqualification