VEL TECH group of educational institutions was established in 1990 by a well known industrialist couple dedicated to public service, Dr.R.Rangarajan and Dr.R. Sakunthala Rangarajan, who by then had 30 years of experience in developing industries and international trade. What took off as a modest school now stands as a monument of glory for “Chennai city”. A student volume of above 12,000 throng the various educational institutions of VEL TECH group. Through sheer hard work and principled living, the couple has been able to make these institutions tremendously successful by offering 59 courses including Post Graduate courses. Dr.R.Rangarajan is currently the Syndicate Member of University of Madras and Anna University. The long, dedicated, tireless and passionate journey continues to the cause of nation building.
|College Name:||VEL TECH – TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|Affiliated To:||Anna University|
|Address:|| Vel Tech Dr.RR&Dr.SR Technical University
#42 Avadi-Vel Tech Road, Avadi, Chennai-600 062, Tamil Nadu, India
|Phone:||044-26841601 044-26840896/ 869/ 249 Fax : 044-26840262|
|Map:||[google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=” Vel Tech Technical University Avadi, Tamil Nadu, India” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
- Embedded System Design
- Power Electronics
- Process Control & Instrumentation
- VLSI Design
- Measurements and Control
- Wireless and Network Technology
- Embedded System Design
- Automotive Electronics and Embedded Systems
- CAD / CAM
- Internal Combustion Engine
- Machine Design
- Steel Technology
- Energy Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Welding Technology
Fee structure for various courses:
1.Plenty of Training programmes are organized by the Training department covering English speaking, foreign languages, personality development and other value added courses engaging external resources.
2. Students are encouraged to sign up for such courses and get benefited.
3. Details of such programmes will be available at the Training Centre, with HODs.
4. Fees payable for each course may vary and will be notified in advance.
5. However, the HOD reserves the right to deny such advanced /special training to those, who carry arrears of or more than 4 subjects in I year, 8 in II year and 12 in the III year.
Campus: VEL TECH group of educational institutions was established in 1990 by a well known industrialist couple dedicated to public service, Dr.R.Rangarajan and Dr.R. Sakunthala Rangarajan, who by then had 30 years of experience in developing industries and international trade. What took off as a modest school now stands as a monument of glory for “Chennai city”. A student volume of above 12,000 throng the various educational institutions of VEL TECH group.
Through sheer hard work and principled living, the couple has been able to make these institutions tremendously successful by offering 59 courses including Post Graduate courses. Dr.R.Rangarajan is currently the Syndicate Member of University of Madras and Anna University. The long, dedicated, tireless and passionate journey continues to the cause of nation building.
Since 1990,the cluster of following educational institutions was established under their trusts in Avadi, Chennai.
Central library: The University has a well-stocked spacious library with books and journals of well-known authors and renowned publishing houses. The goal is to provide students with ample resources on the campus so that they can supplement their course work with additional information.
While the syllabus caters to various industry trends, additional reading ensures that students stay ahead if their counterparts in other colleges and universities. Understanding this, exclusive libraries have been set up for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses. Audio and Video facilities are provided. For the convenience of the student, the library has a photocopier and a book Bank facility (SC/ST students). Many Engineering Journals like the journal of the Institution of Engineers( India) , IEEE Transactions journals, Microsoft System journal and advanced Journals in Engineering are available, Besides these, newspapers, magazines, career oriented publications, internet and e-journal facilities are also available.
Postgraduate students have access to a modern library with high-end amenities including computers, photocopying machines and pictograph boards. The various titles have been carefully selected to suit higher levels of learning. The Library subscribes to both national and International journals to keep the students updated. Inter Computing, Computer Graphics and Neural Networks are some of the foreign journals that the library subscribes to. IMM Marketing Management News and journals that are available. British Council Library membership, e-journals and Internet facilities are also made available to students
Hostel: Excellent hostel facilities ensure free cross ventilation and hygienic environment surrounded by vast expanse of lush green lawns,coconut and mango groves.
- Separate accommodation for boys and girls.
- Absolute safety and security 24*7 for girls hostel.
- Separate library inside the hostel and reading room facility.
- Vast indoor and outdoor playfields.
- Beauty parlour within the premises for both boys and girls.
- Semi deluxe,deluxe(AC & non AC),super deluxe rooms and bath attached rooms.
- Excellent communication services 24*7 with in the premises.
- Gala entertainment followed by moonlit dinner every full moon night.
- Multi cultural festivities.
- Excellent indoor and outdoor games facility.
- Auditorium inside the girls hostel.
- Temples and prayer halls for all faiths.
- A shopping center to meet all urgent requirements.A refreshment cafe.
- Mentors to all inmates.
- Special tuitions for inmates.
- A dedicated computer center with 24*7 internet access in each hostel block.