SSIET, Patti in Punjab was established as a degree level Professional institution in 2004 undertaking B. Tech Courses, The college is approved by AICTE and Punjab Government and is affiliated to PTU, Jalandhar.SSIET, Patti (Amritsar) is committed for imparting the best technical education. It is situated at Patti which is 45 Km from Amritsar, 60 Km from Moga and 40 Km from Beas.
|College Name:||Shiv Shankar Institute of Engineering & Technology|
|Address:||Shiv Shankar Institute of Engineering & Technology Chooslewar Morh, Patti – 143416 (Amritsar) (P.B) India|
|Phone:||01851-242518, 500295, 244618 FAX : 01851-500295, 243468|
Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech
Streams at Graduate Level
|Courses||No. of seats|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||120|
|Electonics and Comm.Engineering (ECE)||60|
|M-Tech (ECE)||18 *|
PLACEMENT RECORD (BATCH 2011)
|INDIAN NAVY SSC|
|Spectra Pvt Ltd|
|RUMMIT B SINGH|
|NIC DELHI(Stipend on training)|
|Ducat Dream Tech Pvt Ltd|
|TRIDENT TECH LAB PVT LTD,NEW DELHI|
|NM Infotech Pvt Ltd|
|UNIT INFOTECH Chandigarh|
|KRISHNA KUMAR SAHI|
|JAI BHARAT MARUTI, Gurgaon (IMT)|
|JAI BHARAT MARUTI, Gurgaon (IMT)|
|Veenus Software Solution|
|CHEEMA BOILERS LTD|
|KJ FORGING Ludhiana|
Campus: SSIET, Patti in Punjab was established as a degree level Professional institution in 2004 undertaking B. Tech Courses, The college is approved by AICTE and Punjab Government and is affiliated to PTU, Jalandhar.SSIET, Patti (Amritsar) is committed for imparting the best technical education. It is situated at Patti which is 45 Km from Amritsar, 60 Km from Moga and 40 Km from Beas.
Central library: The Library uses Libsoft software package which is an integrated multi-user library management system that supports all in-house operations of the Library. The Libsoft consists of modules on acquisition, cataloguing, circulation, serials, and OPAC. The database of books available in the Library is being updated on day to day basis with details of recently acquired books. Records of all the Library patrons have also been created in the Libsoft package.
- Total number of books – Approximately 13,000 books.
- Journals – 50 Journals both National and International.
- More than 661 online journals are available .
- Magazine subscription – 13 Magazines.
- Newspaper subscription – 8 Newspapers.
- Total Area 554.6 square miters.
- Sitting capacity – 150.
- Subjects that the books cover related to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, & Applied Sciences etc.
- Computer Based Tutorials (CBT’s) & Question Paper Bank.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls within and off the campus. Each hostel has an activity centre, common room, reading room, dinning room with mess, canteen till late hours & other basic amenities like hot water supply in winter. Two new hostels are under construction to provide in house residential facilities to the aspiring students.
HOSTEL RULES :
- Students are not permitted to stay outside the hostel beyond the timings given below without written permission from the warden
- All students are expected to preserve the hostel property. In case of damage, student is liable to face disciplinary action in addition to recovery of the damage caused to the property.
- The students will maintain perfect discipline in the hostel.
- Meal timings shall be followed
- No outsider is permitted to enter the hostel without permission of the warden.
- Use of Room heater/Water heater/electric iron & hotplate etc. are not allowed in the rooms.
- Playing of stereo, TV & radio are not permitted other than in the common room.
- Drugs/alcohol is strictly prohibited inside the hostel
- Before leaving the hostel for overnight absence, girls shall get the movement book signed from the warden and on return deposit the duly signed (parent/guardian) book with the warden.
The Campus has a well-equipped medical care centre to provide first Aid medical services round the clock, 7 days a week & 365 days a year. Realizing the importance of immediate medical care to a large population of more than 3000 students, two qualified doctors both male & female along with Para medical staff have been deputed to meet with all types of emergencies.