BIT-SAT is a little different form other traditional engineering entrance exams as it has the aura and mystery of the EXTRA 12 QUESTIONS surrounding it!
Every student writing BIT-SAT will be in a dilemma whether to go for the extra 12 questions or should he just leave them and stay away from risk. Different people who have given a shot at BIT-SAT for the past 4-5 years have given different theories about these extra 12 questions. Some say it is the easiest part of the part while some say they took an unnecessary risk and stuck up with a lower BIT-SAT score.
Here we Decode the EXTRA 12 For you..!
According to the brochure:
So the important points to be noted here are:
- You need to attempt all 150 questions. You cannot leave any question blank
- You will not be given any extra time to solve these 12 questions
- You cannot go back to change any of the answers
- You have atleast 20-25 minutes left
- You are confident and sure about atleast 135 questions out of the 150 you have attempted
- You have made educated guesses and you trust your gut (for the 15 questions you need to attempt to get to 150)
- If you have any memory based questions left, and you trust your guessing skills, then attempt them and have a shot at the extra 12!
- If you have any lengthy or a method based problem left, then we would suggest you utilize your time in solving it first, rather than guessing it and only then move on to the extra 12 if you have enough time left.
So in a nutshell, its all about taking a calculated risk. Afterall, the policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.