India's Biggest Engineering Design Contest 2015: Huge Prize ($ 30000) Winner Takes it All
With aims at promoting IC-based system design among student community in India, Texas Instruments Innovation proudly presents Challenge India Design Contest 2015 for engineering students from India.
Huge prize!! Yes, Winner Takes it All
- All the finalists will receive USD 500
- The top prize, Chairman's Award, has a tag of USD 10000
- The first runner-up prize has a tag of USD 5000
- The second runner-up prize has a tag of USD 2000
- All the Semifinalists will receive USD 200
- Most Popular YouTube Video Demo will receive USD 1000
- Best Demonstration will receive USD 1000
- Top Women’s Team will receive USD 1000
Who Can Participate
- THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE to participate in the contest.
- This Contest is open to all UG, PG & Ph.D. students from engineering Institutions across India.
- A team must comprise a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 students.A student must not be a part of multiple teams.All the members of a team must be from the same college campus.Students from different departments within a college can form a team.
- Each team must name at least one professor from the same Institution as “Faculty Mentor”.Teams can have a maximum of 2 Faculty Mentors.
- Students graduating in 2015 or later are eligible to participate in the contest.
Competition in Details:
1. Qualifying Round (April 4, 2014 - September 30, 2014)
Each team must register on www.ti.com/tiic-india-proposal and submit a project proposal (template) along with the components request form (refer Tools Selection Guide) and Letter of Intent signed by HOD no later than 23:59 (IST) on 30th September 2014. The proposals meeting the eligibility criteria will be reviewed by an expert panel as per Qualifying Round Evaluation criteria and the shortlisted teams (Quarter finalists) will be notified by October 30, 2014.
2. Quarter Finals (November 2014 – February 16, 2015)
The Quarter finalists will receive TI components (worth USD 250 - based on the TI’s published commercial prices on www.ti.com) by November 2014. The teams will complete their prototype, submit project report & a video of their project by February 16, 2015 and will receive a participation certificate on successful submission. The project reports and videos (previous year's winners) will be reviewed by an expert panel as per Quarter Final Evaluation Criteria. Shortlisted teams (Semi finalists) will be intimated by March 15, 2015.
3. Semi finals (March 15, 2015 – April 15, 2015)
Semifinalists will be invited to one of nearest Regional Demonstration and Evaluation Events to present prototype of their projects in March & April 2015. A team of experts will review all the projects as per Semifinal Evaluation Criteria and identify 10 finalists by April 15, 2015.
4. Finals (April 15, 2015 – June 10, 2015)
Finalists will work to convert prototype into a well defined product and will be invited at TI Bangalore Campus on June 10, 2015 to exhibit their product. All the products will be reviewed by a panel of experts as per Final Evaluation Criteria.
Benefits for students
- Attractive cash prizes! The top prize, named Chairman's Award, has a tag of USD 10000! The first runner-up prize has a tag of USD 5000. The third prize has a tag of USD 2000.
- Certificates of Participation to all team members.
- Opportunity to take part in TI's internship/placement process.
- Opportunity to interact with TI designers and customers.
Benefits for faculty mentors and college
- USD $250 worth of development tools and ICs per team.
- High visibility in external forums.
- Recognition through plaque for winning faculty mentors.
- Opportunity to take part in TI forums such as TI India Educators' Conference.
How do you apply?
Apply online at: http://www.faadooengineers.com/mysim..._id=76&t=1&c=0
All proposals will be acknowledged.
ICs and EVMs/kits worth USD $250 required for the project will be provided free of cost (see Tools Selection Guide).
TI will only provide TI components for implementing the project; all the other non-TI components must be procured by the team; TI will not reimburse the teams the cost for these components
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.