National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal Ph.D Admission 2014
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to the Ph.D Programmes in all the departments of NITK, Surathkal for the Academic Year 2014-15 (December Session) under the category of full-time student with institute scholarship.
Admission to a Ph.D. Programme shall be open to Indian Nationals who passed the undergraduate and postgraduate degree in relevant field with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 6.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system, or not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/ university examinations conducted during the entire prescribed period for the undergraduate and postgraduate programme). However, this prescribed minimum shall be a CGPA of 6.0 or 55% marks in the aggregate for SC/ST candidates. The prescribed qualifying examination is as follows:
a. For Ph.D. in Engineering/Technology – Master’s degree in relevant field.
b. For Ph.D. in Science – Master’s degree in relevant field.
c. For Ph.D in Humanities, Social Science & Management – Master degree in relevant field, CA along with undergraduate degree.
Details of the Fellowship
Full time research scholars are eligible for a fellowship of Rs 18000 pm for the first two years and Rs 20000 for the third year for ME/M.Tech or equivalent degree holders and Rs 16000 pm for first two years and Rs 18000 pm for the third year for M.Sc/MBA or equivalent degree holders on satisfactory progress.
They are supposed to assist in teaching and laboratory assignment by the department and are eligible for 30-day leave per year.
Rs 500 for general category and Rs 150 for SC/ST category through DD.
How to apply
Candidates are required to fill up the online application format: http://www.nitk.ac.in and send the copy of the form along with the demand draft (DD) to 'The Asst. Registrar (Academic), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore -575 025, Karnataka'.
- Last Date for receiving completed applications 24.11.2014 (Monday)
- Applications to be sent to the Departments for processing, on or before 26.11.2014 (Wednesday)
- Preparing preliminary merit-list or short-listing 28.11.2014 (Friday)
- Last date for dispatch of call letters to short-listed candidates, and announcement in the website by respective departments. 01.12.2014 (Monday)
- Selection Test and/or Interview 15.12.2014 (Monday)
- Publication of provisional selection/merit-list on website 19.12.2014 (Friday)
- Last date for Sending admission orders/letters 23.12.2014 (Tuesday)
- Reporting Dates for Selection-List Candidates 23.12.2014 to 26.12.2014
- Last Date for sending admission orders/letters to waiting-list candidates 31.12.2014(Wednesday)
- Last Date for Reporting, for waiting-list candidates 05.01.2015 (Monday)
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.