How to Track your lost Smartphone: For iphone, Blackberry OS
Apple has a service called Find My iphone and with the help of this service you can tract a phone's physical location and many more but care should be taken that you turn the service on.
To turn on the service follow the following steps:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- Make sure that the switch next to Find My iPhone is in the green on position.
To tract the same device
- Download the Find My iPhone app on your iOS device.
- Sign in with your iCloud account - the same one you're using on the iPhone you're trying to find.
- Now all the devices that are signed in to that iCloud account will be listed in the app.
- Tap any device to see its location.
In case you've misplaced the iPhone, then this should help you track it down, but you will see some more options at the bottom of the screen which you can use.
You will see three buttons at the bottom - Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase iPhone - or iPad, as the case may be.
Play Sound will play a loud alarm tone that will help you find your iOS device if it is nearby.
- Tapping Lost Mode opens up a page where you need to set a 4-digit passcode to lock your iOS device if it doesn't have one already. If it already has a passcode, then you can use this button to lock the phone remotely, so other people can't use it.
- In Lost Mode, you can also enter a phone number and a message that will be displayed on the lockscreen. You can enter messages like, "Hello, please return my iPhone. Contact me now". You can also track your device this way.
- The Erase iPhone (or Erase iPad) button deletes all the data on the the iOS device, in case you're worried about sensitive data falling into the wrong hands. However, you won't be able to use Find my iPhone to physically track the phone after you erase it.
The BlackBerry Protect service also has these same features, but you'll need to turn BlackBerry Protect and its tracking service on first.
To turn on the service
- Go to Settings > BlackBerry Protect.
- Flip the BlackBerry Protect switch to On.
- Tap Location Services.
- Flip the Location Services switch to On.
- Tap Back to save changes.
To find your missing phone, just follow these steps:
- Log in to the BlackBerry Protect website.
- Click View Location.
- If the service can find your phone, its location will appear on a map.
As with the other
You can click the Play Sound button to make your phone ring loudly. This will help you find it when you've forgotten the phone behind the couch cushions.
- Display a Message lets you show a custom message on your homescreen even if the device is locked
- Lock Device lets you set a new password, and locks the phone.
- Wipe Device performs a factory reset, but once you do this, you can't track the phone again.
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.