Indian Institute of Science (IISc), PhD Admission 2015
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has invited applications from eligible candidates for fellowships in Ph.D/M.Sc programmes.
- Foreign students are eligible to apply only for a Ph.D. programme or an M.Sc.(Engg) programme. They are NOT eligible to apply for an integrated Ph.D. programme, ME/MTech programme, the undergraduate programme etc.
- Non-Indian Citizen and NOT persons of Indian origin are eligible to apply for admission (Indian citizens i.e. those holding an Indian passport (whether residing in India or abroad) need to apply through the regular admission process.)
- Persons of Indian origin holding non-Indian passports can apply for admission through the regular process of admission for Indian citizens provided they hold an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955. In addition, they need to satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission prescribed for Indian citizens.
For Ph.D. programme:
A Masters degree or a four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline. Departments offering a Ph.D. programme and their respective eligibility criteria are listed in this page.
For M.Sc.(Engineering) programme:
A four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline. Departments offering a M.Sc.(Engg.) programme and their respective eligibility criteria are listed in this page.
How to Apply:
Complete the online application form given on the official website of IIS, Bangalore http://www.iisc.ernet.in/
- Applications must be submitted online before January 31, 2015
- Joining Date by August 1, 2015
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.