Login to Your Account

Free Recharge

  • The Internet BIG BANG 2, And Yes, You Are A Part of It!!

    Next internet big bangThe spread of the World Wide Web to the next billion users will transform the way it is currently being used. Read ahead to find out how the BIG Bang 2 will change the way we browse.

    The Internet Big Bang which occurred way back in the mid-nineties changed the way we lived. Presently more than 35% of the World's population has an access to the internet. But what about the rest 65%? How will the internet change when these people embark on their INTERNET journey?

    penetration of internet in 2010

    1 Billion Junta from the developing nations

    The vibes of the next one billion web users are undoubtedly coming from the developing corner of the globe such as India, China, Brazil, Indonesia and Russia. Currently, less than 10 percent of the internet users are from India, less than 2 percent are from Brazil. But there is a steep upward curve in the number of people taking up the internet in these countries. Lets see how these people will impact the internet and vice versa--

    Next billion’s way of using Internet

    Language. The new users will mostly come from remote areas in these developing countries where the penetration of English as a language is not very high. So it is a certainty that these users will push the boundaries of language and the need for multi-lingual wed portals and websites would only increase in the future.

    Technology. Since the developing world differs in a lot many ways from the developed world, their way to adapt technology might also be different. It may be a change in the way of accessing internet or the trend of new laptops which are energy efficient, sturdier and better accommodated to users of varied levels of literacy may give way to the laptops with large-screen, large-space hard drives and fast DVD players. It is a common fact that the junta in developing nations grab those devices which give them the best bang for their buck. So the computer companies must gear up and create best value desktops and laptops.

    Breaking the trend. The type of software and operating systems that were running the machines till now may change because the next billion junta is likely to rely more on the open source softwares, specifically due to two reasons, viz, they are free and they could be highly personalized.

    Modes of access. Not only will the next billion grasp the open source technology but will also extend their hands to employ alternate modes to access internet. Instead of the expensive broadband and optical fiber internet, they will rely more upon wireless, mobile and the satellite based connectivity.

    The Fabulous idea to ‘Jooce’. The remarkable idea that sprung up in the minds of three young entrepreneurs will surely lead to transforming the use of web in developing countries covering those areas which are not able to afford the cost of personal computers.

    They basically aim to create multiple virtual desktops out of a remotely available public computer instead of one laptop per child. This indigenous plan can well be the sucker punch to push the internet to the next billion users. The three entrepreneurs Stefan Surzycki, Bryce Corbett and Aleks Stojanoski came up with the idea to bridge the digital gap between the developing nations and the developed.

    Putting aside the details of how to make the multi-billion-user Web work, the very fact that it's realistic to expect a second billion users points to interactive media's compelling value. People all over the world are experiencing unprecedented levels of empowerment: being able to do things is why the Web has grown so fast, and will continue to grow for years to come.
    Comments 1 Comment
    1. mihir23192's Avatar
      mihir23192 -
      nice article dude