(Image by Duane Storey, www.flickr.com)
Case study help while considering options of studying abroadIt is hard to make a decision to move and start a new life in another country. Being far away from family, friends, familiar environment might be stressful for majority but exciting at the same time. Gaining new experience, finding new friends, learning more about new culture and other invaluable benefits are waiting for the brave ones.
While some of us spending time obtaining degrees at universities or burning midnight oil writing essays or seeking for case study helpothers are planning their future.
Your future career as well as self-development benefits greatly from spending some time – a semester or few years – abroad without friend or family. This time teaches you to rely on yourself or trust yourself more as well as to find fresh, unexpected solutions to your problems. You will have to interact with unknown culture, society and people therefore your habits must be adjusted toward new environment and its demands.
Being alone might be terrifying especially taking into account language barrier along with cultural shock and different mentality but spending only few weeks in this fresh environment you will get used to it.
Benefits of being alone abroad
How possibly one can benefit from being totally alone in new country?
Here are some examples:
- You find out how to manage your time wisely and develop self-discipline; understand how to make priorities and make serious decisions by yourself;
- Essential part of your time out is about self-discovering as well. There won’t be a chance to compare yourself to somebody else so you face and accept your true identity;
- All minor, unessential things like grudges will go away;
- Social circle is about to be expanding due to new acquaintances. This is the major benefit of studying or working abroad.
- We mentioned here only basic points so while being abroad you will discover much more of them.
Best ways of finding friends
- Finding friends on international level is probably most exciting thing about studying abroad. Here are some key recommendations on how to make friends during your study period:
- If you decide to stay in a dorm there will be plenty of possibilities making friends. But first of all try to find friends within your building and start with your roommates as you two will be spending much time together;
- Consider joining a club, it will help you to relax as well as get used to unfamiliar environment. As a rule members of same club share a lot in common as they are based on academic interests;
- Visit places of interest, museums as there you will have a great chance to meet foreigners who are unfamiliar to the city as you are;
- Use social networks and various apps to meet new people and stay in touch with them. Apps like Now or Like a Local will tell you about great spots around and current events.
In any case it is vital to be open for fresh experience and appreciate this carefree time while you are young and don’t have as much obligations as older people.
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.