But, if you really want to use Kik on PC, we have a functional workaround for you. Keep reading to learn how to login on Kik from the PC.
WHY USE KIK ON PC?
There are various reasons why you would like to use Kik on PC instead of mobile. For one, it is so much easier to type on the keyboard instead of the small mobile keypad with tiny keys. Navigating with mouse is also more convenient than tapping. So, convenience is one reason why you would like to use a messaging app like Kik on your PC.
It is also more convenient to use Kik on PC when you are working. Let’s say you are working on your computer and you get a message on Kik. You will have to take your hands off the keyboard and pick the mobile to check the message. But, if you were using Kik on PC, you could have simply switched to the application without having to lift your mobile.
Your computer has a bigger screen and thus it offers better readability. You would know that Kik lets you share the video messages as well. When you receive a video in a message, you may want to view it on a larger screen.
HOW TO GET KIK ON PC?
Well, this part is easy if not exactly straightforward. Why it is not plain sailing? Because, as already mentioned, Kik has no official desktop or web-based client. So, we will need to rely on a workaround. And since it’s a workaround, we cannot expect it to be straightforward. But, don’t worry. It’s not complicated either. Allow us to guide you through the process.
Android Emulator: You may have heard of Android emulators already. If not, let us introduce you to them. An Android emulator is a computer application that replicates the Android world onto your desktop. It gives you almost the same level of access to the Android ecosystem as you would get on any mobile device or tablet. These emulators are also called ‘App Players’ as they can run just about any Android app.
Since Kik is available on Android platform, it adds up pretty straight. You can have Kik on PC within the Android platform.
There are a few emulators you can pick from. BlueStacks and Andyroid are the two most at this time. Nox App Player, however, is doing some catching up pretty fast. We believe that any emulator will do the job for you as they are almost equally good.
But, as they say, some are more equal than the others, so we will take our pick – we will use BlueStacks in this article. You can download and install BlueStacks from official site.
In case you want to use one of the other two, here are the links:
- Andyroid: andyroid(dot)net
- Nox App Player: bignox(dot)com
Kik APK File: The next thing you need is the Kik APK file. Why APK file you may ask. APK is to Android what EXE (or .exe) is to Windows. This is the executable file for Android which installs the apps and also runs them. You will need to download Kik APK on your computer so that you can install it on BlueStacks.
Look up for the APK file on the internet. A simple Google search will present many websites with Kik APK. But, you must be careful. Download the file only from the site you believe is trustworthy. Usually the sites that appear on the top of the search results are safe.
Note – You can also look up for Kik from the Search section as this app is available on Google Play Store
Installation Process: Here is how you can install Kik on PC using BlueStacks emulator.
- Run BlueStacks on your PC
- Sign in with your Google ID (if you are already not); you can use an existing ID or create a new one. This is like signing into a new Android mobile or tablet
- Open the folder where Kik APK is saved
- Drag and drop APK onto the BlueStacks interface
- Allow the installation to complete
- Alternately, you can click the ‘Search’ button on BlueStacks and type in ‘Kik’
- Press Enter
- Click the Kik icon and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed
KIK LOGIN FROM PC
Create New Account: Now that you have installed Kik application on your PC, you will want to register and create an account. If you have already created a Kik account on your mobile, skip this part and go to ‘PC Login’ section below. If not, follow these steps:
- Open Kik from within BlueStacks (you will find it on the home screen or Applications manager section)
- Click the ‘Register’ button under ‘New to Kik?’
- Enter the following information on the next screen
- First name
- Last name
- Username of your choice (unique one)
- Email address
- Date and year of birth
- Click ‘Set Photo’ if you wish to add a profile picture
- Click ‘Register’ after providing the personal information
- Now click ‘Find Friends’ to allow Kik to scan your contacts and let you know who all are using this app already
PC Login: Now that you have created the Kik account, follow the steps below to log in:
- Open BlueStacks
- Open Kik
- Click ‘Log in’ button
- Enter your username and password
That’s it! This is how you can log in to Kik account on PC.
Note: Kik is not a desktop application. To log in on Kik from your PC, you will need to open BlueStacks first.