Login to Your Account

Free Recharge

  • Placement season begins with a BANG at IIT Madras

    iit madras 2012 campus placements
    IIT Madras is witnessing a bumper placement season this year; less than a month after campus placements began, the campus drive saw companies like Sony Corporation, Pocket Gems, Infoaxe, EPIC from USA, Honda, NTT Communications belonging to Japan, Gulf Talent, etc. Core engineering companies like Ashok Leyland, Hyundai, Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hero Moto Corp too have visited the campus.

    1,208 students registered with the placement office this year out of which 769 students (63%) have got offer letters from 209 companies, in phase-I, compared to only 627 last year. The remaining 37% students will vie for companies that will visit the campus in the Phase-II of placements.

    Mr. B. Nagarajan, deputy registrar (training, placement and public relations) said that for some placements in the USA, the compensation offered has been as high as $135,000. In general, most of the companies have offered packages between INR 4 lakhs and INR 15 lakhs per annum.

    For the first time, in addition to PSUs & Govt. Organizations like NTPC, HAL, ISRO, Indian Navy, Power Grid etc. companies like Sony Corporation (Japan), Pocket Gems (US), Infoaxe (US), PIC (US), Honda (Japan), NTT Communications (Japan), Gulf Talent, Social Soft (US), Hyundai Motors, Paypal, WS Atkins, UoP Honeywell, Commvault, have visited the campus.

    iit madras 2011-2012 campus placements statistics
    Image: Sector-wise breakup of offers in Phase-I

    About 330 companies had consented to come for placement out of which 209 companies have completed their selection process. As of January 05, 769 students, including students of BTech., MTech., MBA and MSc., were placed. Whereas Last year, by this time 172 companies had recruited 627 students.

    IIT Madras is resuming the placement operations from Thursday with two or three companies visiting. Deputy registrar for training, placement and public relations B Nagarajan said the placement season could continue up to May if needed.