The competition in this market is quite stiff and LG Optimus L3 Dual will have to compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos, Spice Mi-425 and the recently launched Karbonn Smart A9 to make a mark.
Talking about the features, LG Optimus L3 Dual LG runs on Android 2.3, and sports a 3.2-inch display VGA">QVGA TFT screen. There is an 800MHz processor on board and 1500 mAh battery. Optimus L3 Dual comes with 384MB of RAM, 1GB of internal memory and 3.2 megapixel rear camera. Though there is no official word but it is unlikely that this Smartphone will get an upgrade to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
The new LG Optimus L3 Dual e405 comes with two SIM slots, both of which support GSM SIM cards. The company launched phone's single-SIM variant earlier in May this year.
The phone competes with Samsung Galaxy Y Duos which has similar specification and is priced at Rs 8,999. Other phones in the space are Spice Mi425, Karbonn A9 and Micromax A73 all of which have larger screen and are priced close to L3 Dual. There are many other phones from these manufacturers which are cheaper but have similar specification.
LG Optimus L3 Dual specifications
- Dual SIM: Yes, (GSM+GSM)
- Operating system - Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Size: 61.6 x 102.6 x 11.85 mm
- Processor - Qualcomm MSM7225A chipset @ 800MHz
- RAM: 384MB RAM
- Screen - 3.2-inch QVGA TFT screen
- Display: QVGA, 240 x 320 Pixels
- Camera - 3.2MP camera with VGA video
- Connectivity - Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Memory: 1GB internal and expandable up to 32 GB
- Battery - 1,500mAh battery which gives 17 hours of talk time and standby time of 1044 hours on 2G and 10 hours of talk time and 909 hours of standby time on 3G.
* Memory: 1GB internal, expandable up to 32GB
* Battery: 1,500 mAh