If you are one of the aspirants for JEE 2013, be ready to shell out some more money as a new bulletin has been released and it says that the JEE(mains) and the JEE(advanced) forms have to be filled separately.
From next year onwards, JEE is set to be held in two parts, Mains and Advanced, and only those students who clear the Mains test, will be allowed to appear for the Advanced test.
For the JEE mains exam, the candidates from General and OBC categories will need to pay Rs.800 while the candidates from SC/ST categories will need to pay Rs.400.
The students who clear the Mains exam, will be eligible to appear in the advanced test. The forms for the JEE Advance exam would cost Rs.1,800 for General and OBC categories and Rs.1000 for SC/ST categories
Female candidates can register free of cost for JEE 2013.
New Eligibility criteria:
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any other qualifying examination in 2011 or 2012; or those who are appearing in their Class XII Exam or any other qualifying examination in 2013 are eligible to appear in JEE(Main)- 2013.
- The students who will pass out of school in 2013, will have to be within the top 20 percentile of their Class XII boards to be admitted in an IIT.
- The students who have passed out of school in 2012 need to have a minimum of 60% marks to secure seats in IIT's (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PD). It is to be noted that this is just a one time exception.
- A total of 150000 top candidates based on the performance of JEE(Main) (all categories) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced).
- Online Application for JEE (Main & Advanced) begins from November 1,2012.
- Online Application for JEE (Main & Advanced) closes on December 15,2012.
- Date of Examination: April 7, 2013 (Pen & Paper Based Examination) & During April 8 - 25, 2013 (Computer Based Examination)
- The score of JEE (Main) 2013 for all candidates will be declared by 7th
- On the basis of score in JEE (Main) and normalized score in Class 12th or other qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively), separate rank lists will be prepared for admission to B.E./B.Tech. and B.Arch/ B.Planning (in institutions other than IITs). This will be declared on or before 07.07.2013.
- JEE (Main) Rank Card indicating All India Rank, State Rank and Category Rank with total marks and marks in each paper will be available on website from 08.07.2013 onwards.
Candidates can fill the online application form at the JEE(Main) website, http://www.jeemain.nic.in.