Why study the Master of Information Technology at University of New England?
The Master of Information Technology provides an opportunity for those who are looking for a change of direction in their career or for those who want to enhance their IT qualifications. Those seeking a change of direction can come in without any background in IT and graduate with a sound knowledge and understanding of IT qualifying them for employment in a broad range of positions in private industry, government agencies or research organisations which have an IT requirement.
Course Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a course. These outcomes are aligned with the
- Creativity: Design, implement and recommend effective Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions to complex business problems.
- Ethical practice: Demonstrate deep understanding of, and strong commitment towards, best practices for sustainability and ethical issues related to ICT business and professional practices.
- Knowledge of a discipline: Demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of a body of knowledge in the area of Information and Communication Technology.
- Communication and social skills: Apply expert communication, collaboration, and social skills to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
1) Armidale (Regional Area grab 4 years of Post study work visa)
Intake: July 2020
Course Duration: 2 Years Full time
Program Link: https://my.une.edu.au/courses/courses/MIT
Scholarships: If you are coming to study at UNE's (Armidale Campus), don't forget to apply for an UNE International Student Accommodation Scholarship.
scholarships to find out what is included, as well as ‘How to apply’ and the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
IELTS Requirement: 6.0 no band less than 5.5
Tuition fee: AUD 31,600 approx per year*
Career Outcomes: Graduates will be prepared for a variety of roles with advanced expertise in cyber security, software engineering, user experience and data science.
Graduates may pursue a range of careers such as:
• Business systems analyst
• Database administrator
• Information systems manager
• IT consultant and project manager
• IT trainer or educator
• Network manager
• Software engineer
• Technical and network support professional