Fest Name: ESPOIR 2012 Organising College Name: BITS Pilani Fest Type: B.Plan Competition Fest Start Date: 16th March 2012 Fest End Date: 20th March 2012 Fest Info: India is one of the only four countries in the world where polio has not yet been eradicated.”Aided by a robust economic growth and one of the youngest workforces in the world, India is poised to be a global power in the years to come.Obscured by this growth story lies a bitter truth—the appalling state of health in our country. To turn our dream of India Shining into a reality, we require advanced healthcare solutions to address the current woes of our masses.Espoir is an effort inviting innovations and solutions to that effect via a business plan competition culminating at APOGEE 2012, Annual Technical Festival,BITS Pilani.Attractive prizes to be won. Map: [google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”BITS Pilani” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
There are many exciting events at APOGEE 2012
- Business Plans
- Paper Presentations
The rules for the presentation round have been uploaded.
Please check the rules given under presentation round.
The competition is divided into 3 stages:
- Executive Summary
- Business Model
The team has to submit a maximum of 4 pages Executive Summary [excluding the cover page and Team description] in pdf format by email. The Executive Summary will be judged on the basis of originality, novelty, feasibility and scope.The report should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Espoir_(Team name):Executive Report” latest by 18 TH JAN 2012. E.g. Espoir_Health Corporation: Executive Report.
The Executive Summary must focus on following points:
- Brief Business Idea.
- Innovation Aspect.
- Technology Aspect/Principle Involved.
iii. Market Research
- Preliminary Study of Present Scenario, Their Rivals, Present Customer Satisfaction.
- Customer Value.
- Market Size
- Market Audience
iv. Model Analysis
- Generation of Benefits for Industry
- Generation of Benefits for Society
The selected participants would be provided mentors for further development of their plan. Those participants whose summaries have not been selected or those who have not submitted their summaries will be treated as Open Entry Participants can still participate in the competition by sending the full B-Plan by 25th Feb 2012.However, NO MENTORS would be allotted to them.
A Business Plan has to be submitted by the team before 25th February for further evaluation. This evaluation will be done by a panel of experts in the respective fields. Details regarding this would be mailed to the selected participants.
The complete B-Plan should be mailed to email@example.com in .pdf format with the subject of the mail as “Espoir_ (Team name): Business Plan” latest by 25th FEB 2012 e.g. “Espoir_Health Corporation: Business Plan”
Instructions regarding how to write the B-Plan can be viewed in the Resources section. Open Entry Participants will still have to register on this site before submitting their B-Plan.
After declaration of the finalists, participants will be given an opportunity to present their ideas in front of a panel consisting of some venture capitalists, corporate and faculty members. These participants would be given a maximum of 10 minutes to present their ideas at APOGEE 2012, Annual Technical Festival of BITS-Pilani. Working Prototype, if any, should be presented here.
Executive Summary Round:
Business Model Round:
- Innovation involved in the design
- Scale of impact/scope
- Uniqueness w.r.t. similar products available in the market
- Ease of operation
The final round will comprise of two sections:
1. Escalator Pitching
2. Formal Presentation
WHAT IS ESCALATOR PITCH?
A term used to describe the quick delivery of a presentation outlining an idea for a product, service or project. The name comes from the notion that the pitch should be succinct enough to be delivered to another party while riding an escalator. In this component, the team has to explain their idea in very short span of 90 seconds. No separate set up time would be allotted. The team has to be very concise and to the point in explaining the idea.
This will be an open door section.
Formal Presentation-In this, the team will have to present their idea in detail in front of panelists of judges. It would be a closed door sections so as to maintain confidentiality.
• Teams will be given a total of 15 minutes for presenting the idea. 10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q/A.
• A detailed schedule about the time slots for the participants would be mailed to the participants and uploaded on the Espoir website.
Rules for Formal Presentation:
• During the presentation, a buzzer would be played after 10 mins and second buzzer after 15 mins. Negative points would be awarded for exceeding the time limit.
• Any team will have to report atleast 15 mins before their time slot as indicated in the schedule. If not negative points will be awarded.
• If the team reports after their time slot starts, they won’t be allowed to present unless for a very genuine reason. So we request the teams to report on campus a day before the event to avoid any inconveniences.
• PLEASE GO THOUGH THE ON CAMPUS REGISTRATION FORMALITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED TO BE FULFILLED BY EVERY CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT FOR APOGEE UPLOADED ON THE APOGEE WEBSITE.
• If the teams are using PowerPoint for their presentation, they are requested to bring their presentations in .ppt format only and not in .pptx format.
• If the teams are using any other software for the presentation, the details regarding the same have to be mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If we do not receive any such requests, they it will be assumed that the team will not be using software other than Microsoft PowerPoint and might not be able to avail the necessary software at the time of the presentation.
• The team can also bring posters, charts, audio/video, animation or working prototypes to support their presentation. The information regarding the same should be mailed to at email@example.com as soon as possible. No special arrangements would be made in case of late replies.
Contact Name: Rajat Agarwal
Mobile Number: 9983372266 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://espoir2012.co.in/ Registration Link: http://espoir2012.co.in/ for registration. Facebook Fan Page: NA Fest Submitted by: NA
How to Reach The College
By a cab or bus to Pilani from Jaipur, Delhi.
Nearest railway station is Loharu, from there also you can take direct cab or bus to Pilani.
- Aurora 2012 Cultural Fest ABV-IIITM,Gwalior 24th-26th February 2012
- KurukSastra 2012 Cultural Fest Sastra University,Tamilnadu 15 -18 march 2012