Fest Name: Motor Zundung 2012 Organising College Name: NIT Durgapur, West Bengal Fest Type: Auto Fest/Technical Fest Fest Start Date: 3rd February 2012 Fest End Date: 5th February 2012 Fest Info: Sometimes it’s just the brand name that remains in the back of your head. For all automobile enthusiasts Motor Zundung is the name to remember. Leading as the biggest auto fest of eastern India, Motor Zundung is NIT Durgapur’s annual auto fest organized by the Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE).
Shifting gears from the regular academic life, Motor Z enables students to drive into a faster lane with the confluence of innovation, knowledge, application and skill lining up under the same hood. In its latest edition, Motor Z ventures into the world of horsepower increasing the heat level via a variety of events, workshops, guest lectures and more. It’s a race where the ignited minds of India get ready to hit the nitrous. Encompassing a huge array of innovative events, Motor Zundung has surpassed every insurmountable feat. From bringing Army Tanks down to the NIT Campus, to showcasing stylish, shiny Cars; from thrilling bike stunts in the students backyard, to mind boggling robotic competitions; from research paper presentations to innovative designing events; from innovative workshops to inspiring guest lectures. Motor Zundung hasn’t left any aspect of automotive passion untouched!
With the intensity rising up, the challenge is about to get tougher. Before breaking speed limits, make sure you have your seatbelts on.
Map: [google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”NIT Durgapur” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of Motor Zundung 2012
- Go Drafting:Motor Zundung Mach 4.0 is back with all new exciting version of its trademark event Go Drafting, unlike its previous versions which covered land and water events this time we are introducing you the fun of gliding.
- Relay Race:Relay race first began with aboriginals carrying messages between tribes. Legends were passed from generation to generation and tribe to tribe. Since, one person could not cover a huge distance to carry the messages from tribe to tribe, so, the relay had been adopted.
Non- Robotics Events
- Auto Quiz:So you think you are complete know-it-all of Automobiles? Test that this February with our fierce AutoQuiz. So gather all your knowledge of cars, fuels and all things ‘mobile’ and emerge as the ultimate genius.
- Schaffen:An innovative idea is the key factor behind a great discovery or invention. Schaffen is a technical paper presentation which provides opportunity to the ignited minds to dare to be different and the field of automobiles. So if you have any innovative idea that you think can contribute to a great change, grab the stage of MZ to show your innovation to the world and witness the purity of knowledge.
- Jig For a Jigsaw:Love to play jigsaw puzzles? Ever wondered just how those nuts and bolts fit in the real machines? Ever had to deal with controlling the conduction and convection of heat? MotorZ presents an avenue for all you engineers to test yourself in the real, practical world. Get the essence out of all those laws and theories and get down to brass tacks. This event is designed keeping in mind the basics of mechanical engineering, but is not restricted to the mechanical engineers alone. If you have common sense, some practical skills and innovativeness, you are good to go.
- Transmission:If Motor Zundung were a fashion week, Transmission would definitely be its show stopper. It is one of MZ’s most popular and most awaited events. The name itself gives an idea of the exhilaration of this highly contested event.
They say that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. In the field of academics, the first step is undoubtedly to get inspired by an idea, and to witness the effect of a good thought. Who better to inspire the budding minds of tomorrow than the success stories of today? It is with this thought that MotorZ invites the most reputed names in the field of automobiles to share their invaluable insight into this exciting world we all love. After Dr V Ganesan and Dr PK Mullick enthralled the audiences in the past few editions, MotorZ again awaits the arrival of another great to broaden our horizons.
Motor Z organizes workshops for all those who have a special spot, however small, for automobiles in their heart. It’s a genuine effort to enrich the student’s knowledge with cutting edge automotive technology and provide useful information about their mean machines through a series of invigorating workshops.
In the past we have organized workshops on IC Engines, softwares like CATIA, ADAMS, MATLAB etc, in addition to the evergreen Robotics workshop. We hope to continue on this path of knowledge and ascent by holding even more useful and beneficial workshop this time around too.
Contact Name: Vaibhav Gupta Mobile Number: 9002893292 Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.motorz.in/ Registration Link: NA Facebook Fan Page: NA Fest Submitted by: NA
True to the spirit of the age old ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’, we at NIT DGP realise how important hospitality in an occasion like ‘Motor Zundung’ is. As ‘MZ ’ has grown by leaps and bounds over the years, the participation it attracts has exponentially increased. We promise all our participants, a warm and comfortable stay. NIT Durgapur houses 10 comfortable hostels within which the participants shall be accommodated.Along with providing satisfactory accommodation within the college campus, we shall also provide you with mouth-watering eateries that will make you want to return to ‘Motor Zundung’ year after year. Hope to see you in this ultimate celebration of technology!
- Xeuron 2012 Bio Medical Fest Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai
- Cura 2012 Management Fest NIT Warangal 3 – 4 February 2012