Fest Name: Naalam 2012 Organising College Name: National University of Advanced Legal Studies,Kerala Fest Type: Cultural Fest Fest Start Date: 3rd March 2012 Fest End Date: 4th March 2012 Fest Info NUALS is a National Law School, placed in a lush green campus in Kochi, the hot and happening city in God’s own Country. Right from its inception in MMV, the University has been a hotbed of youthful exuberance and artistic genius that is equaled only by the academic excellence the University delivers. As part of the elite family of National Law Schools in India, the University has contributed significantly to the changing legal profession in the Country.
Its strong liaison with the Hon’ble Kerala High Court ensures that it does not contribute only corporate lawyers, but able and competent litigators who are sure to adorn the higher echelons of Indian Judiciary in the days to come. Graduates from NUALS or NUALSians as we pride ourselves, are slowly, yet steadily growing in demand in the law firm circles of India, with very many of them already holding key positions in firms like Amarchand, Trilegal etc. The University has also climbed regularly in the ratings by various University Ratings Surveys.
Last year, it founds its place in the top 3 of Law School Ratings as per ‘The Week’. Students of NUALS have also performed consistently well in various Moot Court Competitions, bringing laurels and accolades to the University.
NUALS takes pride in its truly ‘National’ representation with the length and breadth of India represented in its student body. Placed strategically at Kochi, it offers an environment for study not too far from fun. Life at NUALS is never complacent or tardy with the student life kept abuzz with activities, both academic and co-curricular. The University serves host to a serious of events ranging from Philip C Jessup International Moot Court Competition to Altus Disputatio, one of the premier debate competitions in the Country. However, our magnum opus is undoubtedly ‘Naalam’ which indeed ignites the flame within each and every member of the NUALS family.
NUALS serves as a host unlike other with its exceptional hospitality, making every single guest of hers feel at home the moment they set foot in Kochi. We promise you, every single person out there, come to NAALAM and you will never regret. This will be an experience with no parallels,a true once in a life time experience.Naalam is the flagship event of the University and we are dedicated to give our full heart to it this time. Naalam 2012 promises to be a cultural extravaganza, a temple of creativity where talents meet and cultures evolve. The battle field of Naalam will witness healthy competition among the best, representing prestigious institutions from Kerala but also from different parts of the country. It is not just about prizes; it’s about passion, determination and moreover will to conquer the blazing glory of stardom.
Naalam comprises of 17 events- to name a few- Western Band, Group Dance, Group Song, Quiz, Treasure Hunt, Fashion Show, Gaming etc.
Map: [google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”National University of Advanced Legal Studies,Kerala” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of Naalam 2012
Aarohi (The Western Band)
- Each team shall consist a maximum of 8 members.
- Only one team per college is allowed.
- A total of 20 minutes is allocated to each team (empty to empty).
- A drum set will be provided. All other instruments will have to be brought by the participating team.
- A total of 6 microphones and 4 instrument ports will be pro vided.
- No pre-recorded music is allowed.
Mudra (The Group Dance)
- One team per college.
- Total number of dancers per team – 5 to 15.
- Maximum time allotted- 15 minutes empty to empty
- Use of props is allowed, the participants are to bring their own props.
- Vulgarity or any indecent display entails immediate disqualification.
- Choreography – Cinematic / Western dance/ Fusion.
- Music to be brought in a separate CD/ Pendrive containing only the appropriate song and to be marked and handed over at the time of registration.
- The judges’ decision shall be final
Bodhi (The Quiz)
- Teams of two members (Cross college teams are not allowed.)
- Any number of teams can participate from one college.
- Further rules will be announced during the orientation session.
Swara (The Solo Song)
- This is an individual event.
- Any number of persons from a college can participate.
- The participants will be judged separately for western and eastern rounds
- There will be separate winners for western and eastern music rounds.
- No instruments, karaoke or the like shall be used.
- No second chance to restart the song in any case, except technical difficulties.
- Songs of any language can be -performed.
- Maximum time – 5 minutes.
- The decision of the judges shall be final.
Alankara (The Fashion Show)
- The teams may pick any theme of their choice within the general theme.
- Number of participants should be in the range of 8-15.
- Only one team is allowed per college.
- Time limit – 20 minutes (Empty to Empty)
- The stage should not remain empty for more than 2 minutes in between the sequences.
- Props and backgrounds may be brought by the participants if they wish to do so. No materials will be provided at the venue.
- The teams are to bring their own music in a CD. One member of the team must be present near the DJ.
- The use of water, fire, animals or any other potentially hazardous items is strictly prohibited.
- The participants are to strictly adhere to the general standards of decency. Failure to do so may entail disqualification of the entire team. The judges’ decision regarding this matter shall be final.
- The theme for the fashion show will be put on the website soon.
Kalpitha (The Art Exhibition)
- The event will comprise of three art and creativity based competitions involving Poster Making, Face Painting and Craft out of Junk.
- Themes will be provided for Poster Making and Face Painting two hours prior to the competition. Craft out of Junk will not be a theme based competition.
- One team per college comprising of 3 members each.
- The relevant material for the craft out of junk round and the canvas for poster making shall be provided on the spot.
- The participants must furnish their own supplies for face painting and poster making.
- Glitter, jewels, feathers, and other embellishments are not permitted in the face painting round.
Vyaktitva (The Personality)
- Qualifiers will consist of questionnaire round and personal interview.
- Six shortlisted participants (3 girls & 3 boys) would qualify for the final round to be conducted on the main stage.
- Prior registration is required for this event.
- Further rules will be intimated for each round during the course of the competition.
- There will be three rounds: Questionnaire Round, Personal Interview and a Final Round.
Nidhi (The Treasure Hunt)
- The competition will be conducted off stage, but prior online registration is required.
- A maximum of two teams are allowed from each college.
- Each team shall consist of a maximum of 4 members.
- The team will consist of researchers and explorers.
- Researchers will be provided with laptops and internet facility to locate the destinations.
- Researchers and explorers may communicate using cell phones during the event.
- Participants can commute either on foot or can avail of public transport; a maximum budget for transportation expenses will be specified.
- The hunt will include finding destinations and accomplishing tasks.
- The first team to recover the treasure will win, in case no one succeeds within the time limit, the team that has reached the farthest in the shortest time span will win.
- Area covered will include easily accessible points within the city of Cochin
- A volunteer will accompany each of the teams.
- Further rules will be intimated during the briefing session.
- The decision of the organisers shall be final.
Nisvana (The Indian Group Song)
Drishya (The Photography Contest)
Roopaka (Adapt to Tune)
Avalokana (The Film Critique)
Kurukshetra (The Gaming Parlour)
Dvitva (The Duet Dance)
Prathiba (The mental obstacle race)
- Only one team per college consisting of four members.
- Online and on spot registration.
- There shall be a preliminary round conducted, depending on the number of teams participating, out of which, the top 6 teams shall qualify for the final round.
- The competition will consist of four rounds. The participants are expected to know songs of Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil languages.
- Round specific details and rules shall be announced prior to their commencement at the competition.
- For clarity sake, the first letter of the last word of the song sung by the previous team will be the lead for the next team.
- Lyrics of the song should be proper, failing which the chance would pass on to the next team.
- Each team will get only 15 sec to sing the song, at the end of which, it shall lose its chance.
- The decision of the umpire will be final.
- Each college can send in one team consisting of four members.
- Online and on spot registration.
- No lip-sync is allowed. Any movement of the lips will entail immediate disqualification.
- Referring through colours and names is not allowed.
- Letters of the English alphabet (or any other language) cannot be enacted individually. However, the participant may break the word(s) into parts and enact them.
- Each member has to enact at least once.
- No props are allowed.
- There would be five rounds.
- Each round has a time limit of one minute.
- Further rules will be announced during the course of the competition.
- The umpire’s decision would be final.
Contact Name: Mukund Mobile Number: 094465 21741 Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.naalam2012.com/ Registration Link: NA Facebook Fan Page: NA Fest Submitted by: NA
- Microcosm 2012 Technical fest MGIT, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 1 – 2 March 2012
- Sanketa 2012 Tech fest SRKR Engineering College, Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh 2 – 3 March 2012