Fest Name: Samavesh 2012 Organising College Name: VSSUT,Orissa Fest Type: Techno Management Fest Fest Start Date: 23 February 2012 Fest End Date: 26 February 2012 Fest Info: Samavesh or the Devnagari meaning of “Confluence of Minds” has seen a huge gathering of technocrats, business moguls, industry experts, scientists, and students who express keen interest in technology. Ever since its inception in 2004, Samavesh has lived upto its’ name of being the largest technical gathering in the state. Since the past two years it has evolved to integrate business events and thus has gathered the stature of being a Techno-Management Fest, a relatively new concept in the tech-fest scenario. Last year REPLICATING NATURE, the theme behind Samavesh-2011 was a platform for the students to the fact that that Gen-Next looks to mother nature when designing new applications for the future. Various Robotic Events, Workshops, Guest Lectures, Biz-Events, Games provided the budding technocrats a worthwhile learning experience. Last year Samavesh witnessed a record turnout of over 1600 participants and this year TEAM Samavesh expects even more participation.The innate curiosity of man has spurred him on to create wonders of science and technology. Keeping in tandem this very idea, Samavesh strives to give students a chance to dabble in modern innovation. INNOVATION, this very word inspired students from all over the country to be a part of Samavesh 2011 and this year Samavesh takes innovation a notch further. “VISION 2020” the central theme of this year’s fest is testimony to the fact that the future weapons to be built will look to environment friendly approach when designing new applications for the future. To beat nature at its own game, to replicate its wonders is the very thought of this year’s fest and would prove exhilarating yet challenging for our generation. A wonderful thought that innovation and ecology go hand in hand is the central tenet behind Samavesh 2012. Map: [google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”VSSUT,Orissa” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of Samavesh 2012
- Mechanical: Building of Mechanical throwing bot
- Production: Designing models in Catia or Autocad
- CivilDesign a self-sustaining floating activity center of a single or multiple uses (Commercial/ Residential/ Recreational) with certain given problem statement.Design of a Bridge over a valley using toothpicks, Popsicle sticks, glue and which can carry the maximum load according to set of given constraints.
- Electrical and Electronics – Design of circuit
- Presentation on the Basis of given set of topics
- Computer Science and Information Technology
Today’s engineering curriculum has seen a paradigm shift in focus from pure technical to Management based curriculum. Keeping in view the ever changing and competitive business world Samavesh 2012 throws up a lot of new events this year. These are the following business events to be conducted this year:
- Who’s the boss – Testing aptitude, group discussion, Personal interview skills of a student who has applied for the post of CEO of a company.
- It’s a sale – Design and sale of items based on punchline and logo testing the creativity and marketing skills of the budding CEO’s.
- Stock Market – A Virtual stock exchange has been made and students shall be given a virtual set of money to trade with. The shares go up-down according to the market.
- Case Study- The skills of an entrepreneur in solving present day cases with their analytical skills.
The modern era relies a whole lot on robots for precision and assembly jobs. Robotics today has become a new word in the curriculum of engineering colleges and universities. Robotics has always been a prime focus for Samavesh. In robotics we have two manual and one automatic event which challenges ones ability to build robots out of their own wits.
Guest Lectures and Workshops:
Learning through application and hands on practice has always been a favour for young minds. In this view Samavesh strives to provide its participants through a number of specially designed workshops. Team Samavesh has invited experts from the field of Vision Robotics, Ethical hacking etc. This year the Guest lectures who have been invited are:
- Mr. K. Bharadwaj Bala- Chairman, Boeing India
- Mr. Akash Gautam- World renowned Motivational Speaker
- Mr. Suhas Gopinath- World’s Youngest CEO
- Mr. Durjoy Dutta- Entrepreneur, Writer of Many Best Sellers
- Mr. Kailash Swaminathan-Director, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Winding after an energy sapping technical event and then getting the chance to be the spectator of an awe inspiring event likes of Laser Show, Fire Show, Led Juggling from Czech Republi.
Contact Name: KAUSHIK JOSHI Mobile Number: +91-9583262746 Email: NA Website: http://www.samavesh12.org/ Registration Link: NA Facebook Fan Page: NA Fest Submitted by: NA
- Reverb 2012 Techno Cultural Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune 15 -18 February 2012
- Android for Engineers @ NIT Rourkela (NITRUTSAV 2012)