Fest Name: Springspree 2012 Organising College Name: NIT Warangal Fest Type: Sports and Cult event Fest Start Date: 9th March 2012 Fest End Date: 11th March 2012 Fest Info: Started in the year 1978, SpringSpree was an intercollegiate annual sports and cultural event held between January and March every year. The festival was aimed to unify a diverse student body by celebrating the culture of the regions to which they belonged along with the culture of India as a whole. It was the first college festival in southern India and was conducted every year till the end of the 90s. SpringSpree was not conducted for a few years in the early 2000s. Its revival was gradual with small fests from clubs finally giving rise to a mini cultural festival in 2006. The revival was complete when, in 2007, SpringSpree was brought back and has since been an annual event.
Currently, SpringSpree is one of the largest cultural festival in India. The theme for the 26th edition of SpringSpree is “Rubaroo India” – Rediscover India, emphasizing on Indian culture and traditions.
SpringSpree is going to be held from 9-11 March, 2012.
Map: [google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”NIT Warangal” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of NIT Warangal
- Literay & Debate-As the name suggests, the club emphasizes on bringing forth an aspirant’s personality in the form of creativity that revolves around the effective use of languages, both written and oral.Events ranging from traditionals like Debates and Poetry Recitation to more informal ones like JAM and Word Games are present to cater to all types of literary buffs.
- Music- Be it bathroom singers, or professional ones, one thing unites everyone, and that is good music. The music club brings together the best of every world and organizes events to provide a glimpse of victory to the budding musicians. Even those who want to dabble or dip their toes are warmly welcomed.
- Dance & Dramatics – Where style and substance unite, Dance and Dramatics bring the hip to the hop and the gold to the old. From the deep rooted classics to modern day b-boying beats, these forms of art truly encapsulate India’s culture. Swing till you swoon to the beats of the nation as its youth celebrates its glorious past, its most happening present, and its very colorful future.
- Photography-Nurture your photographical skills and brandish your talent with the photography club. Budding “Steven Spielbergs” and “Christopher Nolans” can showcase their creativity through short film-making competetion.
- Arts- The painting club of NITW plays host to myriad of events, the highlight being the national level art exhibition, Chitr. Held in tandem are events for both the experts and amateurs right from Rangoli to soap carving or graffiti, designed to be in sync with the theme.
- Quiz – Gaining and imparting worldly knowledge in the form of quizzes comprises the main purpose of the club. Subjects encapsulate a varied range of topics that promise to keep each and everyone interested. Whether you are a history hound or an entertainment junkie, we have everything to keep your noodles occupied.
- Informals- Impromptu comedy and exciting games to provide a fun-filled experience during breaks in between events makes the Informals stage one of the biggest crowd pullers. Let your hair down, tap your feet and sway to the beats of Springspree.
Contact Name: Pandari Jain Mobile Number: 9848022216 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.springspree.org/ Registration Link: NA Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/springspree Fest Submitted by: NA
- Convergence 2012 Tech Fest VNR VJIET, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 12 – 14 March 2012
- Pragyaa 2012 Tech Fest SGGS Nanded, Maharashtra 16 -18 March 2012