Fest Name: Exebit 2012 Organising College Name: Indian Institute of Technology Madras Fest Type: Technical Fest Fest Start Date: 2 March 2012 Fest End Date: 4 March 2012 Fest Info: The need for efficient and accurate calculation and automation has, over the years resulted in the birth of a new science. What started as a simple calculating device became a phenomenon that changed the face of technology, business and governance the world over. With its pervasive applications in all walks of life, Computer Science has completely revolutionized our lifestyle.
The Computer Science & Engineering department of IIT Madras brings you, Exebit 2012, offering you a plethora of events ranging from hard-core programming contests, nerve-wracking puzzles and games to enriching workshops and presentations. The fest will be conducted in two phases, the online and the on-site.
Map: [google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”Indian Institute of Technology Madras” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of Exebit 2012
This is an algorithmic programming contest. The event will be conducted online and will last for about 3-5 hrs. Anyone with basic programming knowledge can participate in the event
Better World with Smart Solutions!
How many of us fret about the lack of proper maintenance in our cities or localities? How many of us pitied the poor and less privileged around us ? How many of us worry about ever growing pollution and traffic? Almost all of us … Right? But did you ever imagine that you could help solve these challenges? This time Exebit 2012 is challenging you to come up with smart solutions to make the world better. So Lets use our knowledge and talent to make a difference.
Does you browser extension solve any of the daily issues with web browsing? Have a cool hack which makes other Rofl..? Are you interested in systems programming ? Then you are in the right place. Exebit 2012 provides you a platform to showcase your ideas and hacks and get reviews from the professors of IIT Madras.
You also win exciting prizes and goodies. So what are you waiting for?!! Come join us…
Software Presentation Rules:
- This event consists of two rounds, preliminary design round and final code submission round.
- There can be a maximum of three participants per team.
- Register your team.
Preliminary Round Rules
- The design should not be copied from any other sources.If found so,the team will be disqualified.
- Submit a pdf document that describes your software design and intent of your application.
- Your document should contain how your application addresses the choosen problem in a smart way.:)
- Mention the platforms ,languages and APIs chosen for implementation and briefly describe why you think they suit your application.
- The content of the document should be a minimum of 500 characters.
- Include images etc.,as per your discretion.
- You need to submit a video of prototype of your project explaining its features.
- The length of the video should not exceed 5 min.
- Submit your document and video on or before 21-02-12(12:00am)
- We will shortlist few teams based on their document and video by 23-02-12(12:00am)
Code Submission Round
- Short listed teams should send their complete code on or before 26-02-12(12:00am).
- All the short listed teams should present their entry in exebit 2012.
- Please bring your own laptops or mobiles (everything that you think is necessary) for the final demonstration.
- Judges will give review for all the presentations.
- Final winners will be announced following the demonstrations.
Contact Name: Chaitanya KVK Mobile Number: NA Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.cse.iitm.ac.in/exebit/backup/ Registration Link: NA Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/exebit2012 Fest Submitted by: NA
Exebit is the flagship event of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras, hosting and boasting of a variety of events and workshops. The fest has everything that will entertain the astute coding mind in you. And to make your stay here as comfortable as it can get is the Hospitality team of Exebit-2012. We shall make every effort to make your stay here as comfortable as possible. So get ready for the most exciting event of them all. Sharpen your skills and get ready to compete, enjoy the fest and we’ll take care of the rest 🙂
As you step inside the IIT campus here at Adyar, Chennai, you will witness one of the richest bio diversities that any institute in the country can boast of. The lush green campus is a visual treat and the buzzing atmosphere with thousands of students, and monkeys, deer and blackbucks will always keep your spirits high.
The most important landmark in the institute is the Gajendra Circle, also called GC. It is around 2km from the main gate and there are buses that get you here quite frequently.
Exebit is held almost completely in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. It is located on the road to the Chemplast cricket ground.
The accommodation formalities are dealt with in the Hospitality control rooms. The boys control room is at Mahanadi hostel which is situated in the boys hostel zone. The girls control room is at the Sharavathi hostel which is situated near GC itself.
Other fest related queries and all the information regarding the fest is provided at the Hospitality Help Desk which is situated in front of the Department.
Now that you know the geography of the place, it is time to tell you about the places where you can deal with your appetite. The campus has lots of places to grab a quick bite. There is a pure vegetarian restaurant near Sharavathi hostel called Tiffanys. The most famous place however is the Gurunath stores which sells like everything a student wants and needs. There are also lots of food stalls put up in front of the Department during the fest.
So come here and have loads of fun and enjoy the flagship event of the Computer Science and Engineering Department – Exebit.
- Quest 2012 Technical Symposium JNTUH College of Engineering, Hyderabad 17 March 2012
- Composit 2012 Technical Fest IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, West Bengal 10 – 11 March 2012