Fest Name: Technica 2012 Organising College Name: NIT Jamshedpur, Jharkhand Fest Type: Tech Fest Fest Start Date: 30th March 2012 Fest End Date: 1st April 2012 Fest Info: Technica – the annual technical fest of the Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, NIT Jamshedpur. Organised by the Society of Metallurgical Engineering Students (SMES), NIT Jamshedpur, it provides a national level platform for students from.All over the country to display their technical prowess in the field of Metallurgy & Material Sciences. Besides participating in the plethora of events, students also get a chance to interact with many eminent personalities, in the form of seminars and guest lectures. Map: [google-map-v3 width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”14″ maptype=”ROADMAP” mapalign=”center” addresscontent=”NIT Jamshedpur, Jharkhand” showmarker=”true” animation=”DROP” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” bubbleautopan=”false” markerdirections=”true” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of Technica 2012
Technical Fest :
Magnum Opus (Model Presentation) :
Technica 2012 brings to you Magnum Opus, a competition where you have to think different to win….. If you take pride on yourself of being a good artist with hand on-skill, then magnum opus is the right event for you. Magnum Opus is design & build event that calls to every IMAGINEER. That event exploits your creativity, imagination & hands on skills. The basic focus of the event is to test your elegance, working model’s efficiency & innovation.
Metalmorph (Metallographic Event) :
This event is aimed to appreciate the participant’s depth of knowledge in the field of metallography and the desired skills to produce a well prepared sample. This competition is open to all undergraduates and post-graduates in all branches of engineering. The participants are required to bring optical or SEM micrographs of the specimen.
Rhetorix (Oral Paper Presentation):The fest is the confluence of bright ideas with student presenting their thoughts on various topics. This is indeed, a golden opportunity to present your work before the elite of metallurgy. The event will give you a great experience as your findings, knowledge and aptitude will be evaluated by an exceptional judging panel comprising of eminent professionals from NML (National Metallurgical Laboratory), Tata Steel & other prestigious organization.RULES & REGULATION:
- This event is open to all.
- Team will consist of two members.
- In this event participants are provided with an unknown sample.
- Participants have to polish & etch the sample in the metallography lab of the department.
- They have to identify the structure of the sample using the microscope.
- After identifying the structure, a short viva-voice will be held & questions related to the structure of the specimen will be asked by the judges.
- Team will be judged on the basis of the identification of the sample, quality of polishing & performance in viva-voice.
Metal-Code (MATLAB Coding) :The MATLAB is one of its kind and an important tool in the hands of a metallurgist. Allowing complex calculations with unmatched accuracy, problems in all fields of metallurgy can be successfully modeled and solved .Metal code event is your opportunity to solve design and engineering problems in metallurgy using the MATLAB suite.
- This is the preliminary selection round
- Abstract should not exceed 200 words.
- The last date of sending the abstract is 20th March 2012.
- A team should consist of maximum of 2 members. Members can be from different colleges.
DR. Dara P. Antia Metal Quiz :Dr. Dara P. Antia was until recently the doyen of metallurgical fraternity and the founder secretary of IIM. An INAE “Lifetime Contribution Awardees”, he dedicated his entire life popularizing metallurgy among the youth with his research activities. As a mark of respect, we conduct a metal quiz in his honor. If you are a material-istic kind of a person, this event is your claim to name, fame and glory!!!!!..
- Event will comprise of two rounds.
- Round 1 will be objective type questionnaire based on basics of the MATLAB.
- Duration of Test for round 1will be 30 Minutes.
- Selected teams will be qualified for round 2.
- Metallurgical & practical engineering problems have to be solved using MATLAB on computer in the allotted time period in round.
This is not just a quiz. It is a challenge to your general awareness of the interdisciplinary field of materials. Come, test the ability to apply your knowledge in day to day situations. The quiz will be a true amalgamation of visual rounds and written tests, full of interesting and intriguing questions.EVENT FORMAT:
AFFICHE :Posters are designed to be both eye-catching and informative, combining text and graphics to make a visually pleasing presentation. Poster presentation allows the author to mett and speaks informally with interested viewers facilitating a greater exchange of idea and networking opportunities than with oral presentation…
- The quiz will consist of two rounds, starting with prelims, which will be in written format.
- Round 1 is open for all which will consists of objective questions.
- The subject areas covered by METAL QUIZ in round 1 span all of metallurgy & material science.
- The top six teams go through to the final second round, which will be held in standard quiz format.
- The second round will feature questions based on specific fields related to metallurgy and materials along with some general awareness question.
- Questions for audience will fetch attractive prizes.
- Participants are required to be in teams of two.
- No restrictions are placed on the number of teams from each college/university.
- Team Members can be from different colleges.
- The team with the highest score after the second round will be rewarded.
- Attractive Prizes will be given to the top three teams.
- Organizers’ decision will be final and binding.
Contact Name: Ashutosh Mohan Mobile Number: 9430355063 Email: [email protected] Website: www.technica.in Registration Link: www.technica.in Fest Submitted by: NA
- Sifar 2012 Cult Fest Institute of Technology Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 30-31 March
- Technisium 2012 Techno – Management fest Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur 17th April 2012