Fest Name: Riviera 2013 Organising College Name: VIT University, Vellore Fest Type: Cultural & Sports Fest Fest Start Date: 6th February 2013 Fest End Date: 9th February 2013 Fest Info: Riviera, An Annual International Sports And Cultural Festival, Is Conducted By VIT University. We At VIT, Realize That Education Does Not Occur Only In The Classrooms, But Goes Beyond. To Facilitate This VIT Conducts An Annual International Sports And Cultural Carnival ‘RIVIERA’ That Strives To Break Every Barrier, Breach Every Limit And Exceed Every Expectation, Year After Year. It Is With The Immense Pleasure That We Announce Its Next Edition – Riviera 2013 To Be Held Between 6th February To 9th February, 2013. Each Year VIT’ians Take A Breather From The Books And Let Their Hair Down To Celebrate The True Spirit Of College Life. With The Multitude Of Events, Games And Performances, Riviera Is A Fest For Four Days Of Fun And Frolic. Riviera Is The India’s First International Cultural And Sports Carnival To Have Obtained ISO 9001:2008 Certification. Riviera Has Had The Honour Of Being Listed In The Guinness Book Of World Records, For The Feat – “Most Number Of People Arm Wrestling”.
This Year We Are Expecting Graduate Students From All Over The World With Total Footfalls Of Around 30000. The Theme Of Riviera 2013 Is Cultural Fusion. It Fosters To Showcase The Cultural And Ethnic Background Of Various Communities From All Over The World.
Celebrities Who Came & Performed In Our Previous Editions Of Riviera Like Shreya Ghoshal, Daler Mehndi, Sonu Nigam, Vishal – Shekhar, Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Devi Shree Prasad, Kamal Haasan, Chiranjeevi, Aarya, Surya, Allu Arjun Etc.
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of Tech Fest :
Music ( Western, Classical, Acoustic )
Dance ( Hip Hop, Free style, classical) (Group and solo)
Gaming ( NFS , Counter Strike, Dota , FIFA)
Style Check ( Fashion Show )
Regional Events (Tamil , Telegu, Hindi )
and many more events..
- Contact Info
How To Reach
when you are coming from bengaluru:
- Check 1. After you reach the place Konavattam (village from Bengaluru 148 km in the NH 46), you have the first over bridge.
- Check 2. Within a few metres in the Highway you can see the Over bridge 2.
- Check 3. Now you can see the Government Bus Depot in the right hand side of your Highway bridge
- Check 4. Within few metres you will reach the Over bridge 2 and from the over bridge in you left hand side you may see the Board Oasis Swimming Pool.
- Check 5. After few metres in the same direction a green coloured mosque will be seen.
- Check 6. Now you will reach the Over bridge 3 and notice the railway track (Bangalore – Chennai) across the bridge.
- Check 7. In the right hand side you can see the Bharat Petroleum bunk.
- Check 8. In the end of the Over bridge 3 you can see a blinking signal and a sign board. Here you have to get down and take the approach road along the highway bridge.
- Check 9. This road leads you to the River view Circle. Before River view Circle you have to take left.
- Check 10. After diversion in your Right side Vellore New bus stand is the prominent Land mark
- Check 11. Opposite to the bus stand the St.Lukes Orthodox Church is the another prominent Land mark.
After the Church you will cross the Palar River Bridge and travel about 8 km in the same direction, you will reach the Katpadi – Chitoor Bus Stand Circle (Perrarignar Annadurai statue is the land mark). Now you can take diversion to right about 2 km you will reach VIT University.