Fest Name: Mechanica 2013 Organising College Name: IIT Madras, Chennai Fest Type: Technical fest Fest Start Date: 15 Mar 2013 Fest End Date: 17 Mar 2013 Fest Info: Mechanica, the annual technical festival of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras will take place from the 15th -17th of March 2013. With a footfall of over 2000 participants every year, we are proud to be one of the biggest Department festivals in the country. Enthusiastic students from over 170 colleges are gearing up for the two – day event to be held in the campus of IIT Madras.
With a plethora of events and workshops, Mechanica promises to be a twister for the inquisitive mind. Events like Junkyard Wars and Project X give the students an opportunity to innovate with the limited resources they have, and showcase their skills at Jugaad Innovation. Paper Presentation, an event aimed at recognizing research potential, will see participants enthral the audience with their scientific capability and professionalism. The most popular event, Robotics, will witness true engineering minds battle it out to be the Mechanica Robotics Champions. Industry Defined Problems and Case Study would enable students to abstract real world problems and model them using engineering solutions.
Mechanica has always created an aura of smart engineering and ingenious ideas. With prize money of over 1.5 lakhs, Mechanica 2013 is sure to surpass all its previous editions and live up to its motto of ‘Innovate, Engineer and Exhibit’.
Many interesting events are scheduled for this edition of Tech Fest :
• IC Engines Workshop : It is a workshop aimed at providing hands on experience of the working of an engine.
• Automobile Design Workshop using Reverse Engineering that provides you with an opportunity to use world class equipments and software’s to re-engineer products.
• Robotics Workshop : Robotic enthusiasts are in for a knowledge-enriching thrill-a-minute ride as the experts guide you into the amazing world of Image Processing and Autonomous Robotics..
Technical Papers are invited on: Design, Thermal, Manufacturing.
Deadline: 10th March 2013
Send your papers to: [email protected] .in
Mechanica provides you with an opportunity to showcase real innovations in the field of engineering at the Mechanica Fair.
The problem statements for other events like Robotics, Robo – soccer, Fire N Ice , Desmod and other events have been released. You could visit our website, www.mechanica.org.in for more details. You could also follow us on www.facebook.com/meachinica.iitm
- Contact Info
- INNOVISION’13, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi, Management fest
- Vibes 2013, Desh Bhagat Foundation Group of Institutions, Moga, Punjab, Technical, Cultural, Sports, Literary Fest