UNIX is a computer Operating System. The Operating System is the software that makes your computer run. An example of another Operating System is Microsoft Windows.
Under UNIX, the Operating System consists of many programs along with the master control program, the kernel. The kernel provides services to start and stop programs, handles the file system, etc.
What is Linux?
Linux is a UNIX clone. It was created at the University of Helsinki in Finland by a student named Linus Torvalds in 1991.
The Linux operating system is developed under the GNU General Public License (also known as GNU GPL) and its source code is freely available to everyone.
Duration: 2 days (This course begins with a brief history and overview of both UNIX and Linux, and then proceeds to teach you the skills required for working on a computer running either operating system. Each student will get a Linux & Unix Kit & Study Material worth INR 500!))
Cost: INR 1000 per Candidate
Linux & Unix Course Modules
- A Brief History of the UNIX and Linux Operating Systems
- Operating System Concepts
- Getting Connected, Logging In, and Logging Out
- Operating System Commands
- Working with Directories
- Working with Files
- I/O Redirection, Pipes, and Filters
- Getting Help
- Processes and Jobs
- The Shell – A Closer Look
- Introduction to the vi Text Editor
- Introduction to Shell Scripting/Programming
- Tools and Utilities
- Interacting with Other Users
Trainers: We have a pool of world-class, experienced corporate trainers who conduct the workshops in colleges.
Also, we offer unbeatable sponsorship packages to colleges & fests in which our workshops are conducted!
Liked what you read?? Want to get associated with us?? Want to conduct a workshop at your college??
Get in touch with us:
- Prianca Saraswat (Marketing & Workshop Manager) – Mob: +91-971-600-5045
- Nitika Arora (Marketing & Workshop Executive) – Mob: +91-991-041-9545