The process of saving water for future utilization.Water conservation means using our water wisely and caring for it properly. Since each of us depends on water for life, it is our responsibility to learn more about water conservation and how we can help keep our water pure and safe for generations to come. Since we all enjoy the benefits of having pure.
Need for water conservation:
- Changes in environmental factors
- Better lifestyles
- Increase in population
- Over exploitation of ground water
- Agricultural and industrial activities.
Strategies of water conservation:
- Reducing evaporation losses
- Reducing irrigation losses
- Re use of water
- Preventing of wastage of water
- Decreasing run-off losses
- Avoid discharge of sewage.
Objectives of rain water harvesting:
- Increasing demands
- Recharging the ground water
- Reducing the ground water
- Increase in hydro static pressure.
WATER SHED MANAGEMENT –The management of rainfall and resultant run-off.
- To minimize of risk of floods
- For improving the economy
- For developmental activities
- To generate huge employment opportunities
- To promote forestry
- To protect soil from erosion.
Factors affecting watershed:
- Unplanned land use
- Droughty climates.