The SS7 provided three main services. They are Touchstar, 800 services, and alternate billing services
- This kind of service is also known as CLASS and is a group of switch-controlled services that provide its users with certain call management capabilities.
- Services such as call return, call forwarding, repeat dialing, call block, call tracing, and caller ID are provided
- These services provide toll-free access to the calling party to the services and database which is offered by the private parties.
- The costs associated with the processing of calls are paid by the service subscriber.
- The service is offered under two plans known as the 800- NXX plan, and the 800 Database plan
- In the 800-NXX plan the first six digits of an 800 call are used to select the interexchange carrier (DCC).
- The 800 Database plan, the call is looked up in a database to determine the appropriate carrier and routing information.
Alternate Billing Service and Line Information Database (ADB/LIDB):
- These services use the CCS network to enable the calling party to bill acall to a personal number (third party number, calling card, or collect etc.) from any number.