Introduction to microwaves
The microwave region is typically defined as those frequencies between 300 MHz and 300 GHz . These frequencies include free-space wavelengths between 1 m and 1 mm. Here’s a look at a few important regions in the electromagnetic spectrum.
Importance of microwaves : -
Microwaves are important because of-
- Its excellent and wide use in wireless communication.
A boon for the transmission and reception of electromagnetic waves by the saveral methods of wave p[ropagation.
- Power efficient transmission is possible using microwave propagation.
- Excellent heating property.
- Since the size of antennas is directly proportional to the wavelength of the electromagnetic waves, using microwaves antenna size is reduced upto a great extent and hence, proper use of microwave communication make the communication system much simpler than former communication systems.
- Due to reduced antenna size, the design of portable communication system becomes easier.
- Applications of microwaves in Radar, Navigation, Remote sensing, Domestic applications and medical instrumetration is of much important.
And the most common use of microwaves nowadays in telecommunication.
Microwave Spectrum :-
The complete spectrum of electromagnetic waves is shown in the diagram below-
Here, In the diagram we can see the complete spectrum range of microwaves as well as the energy of the corresponding microwaves.
Hence, we can say that the microwave engineering is one of the most important branches of engineering and without it the communication engineering is lame. It is the strongest concept and implementation in the field of communication system.