Relating Power to Electric Field
- Thus, the power flux density is
- This Equation relates electric field (V/m) to received power(watts
- If the Receiver Antenna is modeled as a matched resistive load to the receiver, then the receiver antenna will induce an rms voltage into the receiver which is half of the open circuit voltage at the antenna.
- Thus, if V is the rms voltage at the input of a receiver (measured by a high impedance voltmeter), and Rant is the resistance of the matched receiver,
- The received power is given by