DEFINITION OF QUALITY- FITNESS FOR PURPOSE
One can find a number of definitions of quality. Definition of the quality will be influenced by how well numerous aspects of performance are able to provide satisfaction of multiple wants and further distinguished by the subjective importance attached by the individual. This definition is a functional one and is different from the earlier ‘exceptional’ definition.
- Here, fitness of purpose is used in order to propagate and measure the perfection.
- If it does not fit its purpose then this definition of quality may run a risk of being totally useless.
- Although it is a simple idea, nevertheless, it raises some questions such as whose purpose and how is the fitness assessed?
Quality as fitness for purpose:
- This definition focuses on the relationship between the purpose of the product or services and its quality.
- It examines each in terms of the product or services in order to compare whether it fits its purpose.
- This definition is a functional one and is different from the earlier ‘exceptional’ definition.