MODELS OF EXCELLENCE- DESIGN OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The design of products and services is the most customer-focused activity your company undertakes. in the design process, external requirements are translated into internal requirements, and customers "throw the switch" that activates your business. The design process constantly forces companies that are truly customer-driven to reevaluate customer requirements and their response to those requirements.
MODELS OF EXCELLENCE:
- Intel Corporation is the vvorld's largest semiconductor companv.
- Approximately 80 percent of the personal computers in use around the world are based on Intel architecture microprocessors.
- Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, Intel employs more than 49,000 people. in 1996, Intel's market value more than doubled—to $111 billion.
- Intel invested more than $1.8 billion in research and development in 1996.
- American Express Financial Advisors offers financial planning and other investment advisory services to individuals and businesses across the United States.
- Its products include more than 100 financial and investment choices, including mutual funds, life insurance, annuities, and securities brokerage services.
- It employs 5,000 people at its headquarters in Minneapolis and at its regional offices, and it supports 8,000 advisors—independent contractors who seli the company's products.
- Total assets owned or managed by American Express Financial Advisors exceed $133 billion.
Custom Research Inc. (CRI)
- Custom Research Inc. (CRI) provides marketing research services to Fortune 500 companies.
- Custom Research professionals work with.their client counterparts to design research projects that will provide informa-tion the clients need to make good business decisions.
- Most of the projects deal with "new product research and development, including testing new concepts, products, packaging, advertising, and pricing.
- Headquartered in Minneapolis, Custom Research has approximately 100 employees.
- CRI won the Baldrige Award in 1996 and the Minnesota Quality Award in 1995.