THE SHIFT IN THINKING- CUSTOMER CONTACTS
In the new management model, companies work very hard at bringing their customers into their organizations. They have learned from experience that constant communication solidifies customer relationships.
Communication is much easier when:
communication is much easier when:
- Customer contact is continuous.
- As many employees as possible are involved.
- A variety of communication vehicles are used.
- Formal processes are established for listening and responding to customer concerns.
- The contact occurs at many points in the new model.
- Leaders are making it a part of their job to regularly visit their peers at key customer companies.
- Many executive staff meetings now include time for the executives to share what they learned from their recent customer visits.
- A broader range of customer data is used to guide decision making.
- Some companies are including customers in their strategic planning process.
- They invite customer representatives to participate in discussions about current and future customer requirements because thev understand that such requirements drive the planning process.
- They also encourage customers to revievv the plans and suggest ways they could be improved.