CONTEXT, IMPERATIVES FOR CHANGE AND OBJECTIVES FOR QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Milliken will devote resources to train its people to perform their jobs safely, to ensure equipment can be operated in a safe manner, to eliminate workplace hazards and to comply with applicable safety and health laws and regulations. Its customers are mainly laundries, cleaning firms and wholesalers in Europe and the Far East. More than 90% of production is exported.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ORGANIZATION:
- The firm has over 160 employees, of whom about 11 reside abroad (five in Belgium and six in the UK). Approximately 100 employees are working within production and the remaining are working within administration and service (including management).
- The sales turnover showed stagnancy in the beginning of the 1990s, because of taking over of the Japanese sales by a new subsidiary company in Japan.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MARKET DEVELOPMENT AND POTENTIAL:
The development in mat coverage in Europe can be seen from Table. The growth in the European mat business is due to two key factors: the growing standard of cleanliness demanded by the public and cost savings gained to the end user with a properly installed mat service.
The customers on the rental industry market are laundries and cleaning firms which have the relationship to the customers which are ‘professionals’, i.e. private and public companies of any type. The companies typically rent the mats from the laundries and cleaning firms.
OBJECTIVES FOR QUALITY MANAGEMENT:
The objectives for quality management can best be described by quoting Milliken’s business philosophy and the related quality, safety and environmental policies.
The Milliken philosophy: At Milliken our culture is firmly based on the ‘Pursuit of Excellence’.
As well as setting standards for the quality of our products and services, this philosophy also embraces the quality of our people. Each individual is called an Associate and each plays a vital part in achieving the Milliken goal.
Milliken’s quality policy:
Milliken and Company is dedicated to continuous improvements of all products and services through the total involvement of all associates.
- All associates are committed to the development and strengthening of partnerships with our external and internal suppliers.
- We will continually strive to provide innovative, better and better quality products and services to enhance our customers’ continued long-term profitable growth by understanding and exceeding their requirements and anticipating their future expectations. Milliken’s safety policy:
- The safety and health of its entire people are of primary importance to
Milliken and Company:
Milliken will devote resources to train its people to perform their jobs safely, to ensure equipment can be operated in a safe manner, to eliminate workplace hazards and to comply with applicable safety and health laws and regulations
We are committed to encouraging our families, our associates and our communities, through education and leadership to conserve our natural resources and protect the environment in our daily lives.
We reaffirm our commitment to work with local, state and federal authorities to develop effective environmental solutions that meet tests of practicality and feasibility.