1) Study Material: Choosing the right study material or books is very essential before you start preparing for GATE. Always refer the bestsellers if you are not sure of the books.
2) Plan a good study strategy: Candidates should start studying at least one year prior to the examination and students pursuing their engineering should start studying when they are in final year. Every concept is important, so allotting time for all the topics is very important.
3) Solving old Question papers: This is the best way to understand the examination pattern and also know the level of difficulty with questions. There are many books which includes solved question papers which are very useful.
4) Simulate actual test environment: This simply means that while taking up mock tests candidates should keep time factor in mind. Gate Exam is time bound, so it’s very essential to keep time factor in mind.
5) Find easy problem solving tricks: There are books which help students learn short cut methods to solve problems. This saves time and is this is very important for GATE exams.
Iam giving you some tips related to GATE.1>Ur basic knowledge should be clear2>You must check the syllabus,previous year question paper.3>Start preparing notes& visit group discurssion forum.that will help you a lot