A re-programmable, multifunctional manipulator designed to move material, parts, tools, or specialized devices through various programmed
motions for the performance of a variety of tasks is called ROBOT and the era in which we study about robot is called ROBOTICS.
A robot must have the following essential characteristics:
- Mobility: It possesses some form of mobility.
- Programmability: implying computational or symbol- manipulative capabilities that a designer can combine as desired (a robot is a computer). It can be programmed to accomplish a large variety of tasks. After being programmed, it operates automatically.
- Sensors: on or around the device that are able to sense the environment and give useful feedback to the device
- Mechanical capability: enabling it to act on its environment rather than merely function as a data processing or computational device (a robot is a machine); and
- Flexibility: it can operate using a range of programs and manipulates and transport materials in a variety of ways
Please find the complete report attached!