Wipro Technologies placement papers (2010 - part 1)
Location : Bangalore
Wipro Placement Paper 2010:-
The correct answer is:
(A) If statement (I) alone is sufficient but statement (II) alone is not sufficient.
(B) If statement (II) alone is sufficient but statement (I) alone is not sufficient.
(C) If both statements together are sufficient but neither of statements alone is sufficient.
(D) If both together are not sufficient.
1. What is John's age?
(I) In 15 years John will be twice as old as Dias would be
(II) Dias was born 5 years ago
2. What is the distance from city A to city C in kms?
(I) City A is 90 kms from City B
(II) City B is 30 kms from City C
3.Is A=C ? A, B ,C are real numbers
(II) A-2C = C-2B
4. What is the 30th term of a given sequence ?
(I) The first two terms of the sequence are 1,1/2
(II) The common difference is -1/2
5.Was Avinash early, on time or late for work?
(I) He thought his watch was 10 minutes fast
(II) Actually his watch was 5 minutes slow
6. What is the value of A if A is an integer?
(I) A4 = 1
(II) A3 + 1 = 0
7. A person travels 12 km in the southward direction and then travels 5km to the right and then travels 15km toward the right and
finally travels 5km towards the east, how far is he from his starting place?
(a) 5.5 kms
(b) 3 km
(c) 13 km
(d) 6.4 km
8. X's father's wife's father's granddaughter uncle will be related to X as
9. Find the next number in the series 1, 3 ,7 ,13 ,21 ,31
10. If in a certain code "RANGE" is coded as 12345 and "RANDOM" is coded as 123678. Then the code for the word
"MANGO" would be
11. If "PROMPT" is coded as QSPLOS ,then "PLAYER" should be
12. A person travels 6km towards west, then travels 5km towards north ,then finally travels
6km towards west. Where is he with respect to his starting position?
(a) 13km east
(b) 13km northeast
(c) 13km northwest
(d) 13km west
13. If A speaks the truth 80% of the times, B speaks the truth 60% of the times. What is the probability that they tell the
truth at the same time
14. Susan can type 10 pages in 5 minutes. Mary can type 5 pages in 10 minutes. Working together, how many pages can
they type in 30 minutes?
15. Six bells commence tolling together and toll at intervals 2,4,6,8,10 and 12 seconds respectively. In 30 minutes how
many times they toll together.
Technical , 20 Questions:
16. If the time quantum is too large, Round Robin scheduling degenerates to
(a) Shortest Job First Scheduling
(b) Multilevel Queue Scheduling
(d) None of the above
17. Transponders are used for which of the following purposes
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
18. The format specifier "-%d" is used for which purpose in C
(a) Left justifying a string
(b) Right justifying a string
(c) Removing a string from the console
(d) Used for the scope specification of a char variable
19. A sorting algorithm which can prove to be a best time algorithm in one case
and a worst time algorithm in worst case is
23. A feasibility document should contain all of the following except
(a) Project name
(b) Problem descriptions
(c) Feasible alternative
(d) Data flow diagrams
24. What is the main function of a data link content monitor?
(a) To detect problems in protocols
(b) To determine the type of transmission used in a data link
(c) To determine the type of switching used in a data link
(d) To determine the flow of data
25. Which of the following memories has the shortest access time?
(a) Cache memory
(b) Magnetic bubble memory
(c) Magnetic core memory
26. A shift register can be used for
(a) Parallel to serial conversion
(b) Serial to parallel conversion
(c) Digital delay line
(d) All the above
27. In which of the following page replacement policies, Balady's anomaly occurs?
28. Subschema can be used to
(a) Create very different, personalised views of the same data
(b) Present information in different formats
(c) Hide sensitive information by omitting fields from the sub-schema's description
(d) All of the above
29. A 12 address lines maps to the memory of
a. 1k bytes b. 0.5k bytes c. 2k bytes d. none
30. In a processor these are 120 instructions . Bits needed to implement this instructions
[a] 6 [b] 7 [c] 10 [d] none
31. In a compiler there is 36 bit for a word and to store a character 8bits are needed. IN this to store a character two words
are appended .Then for storing a K characters string, How many words are needed.
Direction 1-5 : In each of the following questions, find out which part of the sentence has an error. if there is no mistake the answer is 'no error'
33. The house with all its / furniture and exotic plants / were sold for Rs. 50,000 / No error
Ans : C
34 The teacher asked the students / if everyone of them were interested in / going on an excursion / No error
Ans : B
35. a physiologist in the last century demonstrated / that puppies will die / if kept awake for more than five days / No error
Ans : B
36. It is unfortunate that / many youngsters get / addicted to gamble / No error
Ans : C
37. I have seen / that film last year / but I do not remember its story / No error
Directions 6-10: The following questions, consist of two words each that have a certain relationship to each other, followed by four lettered pairs of words. Select the lettered pair that has the same relationship as the original pair of words.
38. Plants : Coal
A) Crops : Manure B) Animals : Oil C) Cow : Milk D) Fire : Smoke
Ans : B
39. Rectangle : Cylinder
A) Square : Sphere B) Circle : Dosc C) Triangle : Cone D) Wall : Room
Ans : C
40. Expend : Replenish
A) Exhort : Encourage B) Formant : Rebellion C) Defect : Rejoin D) Encroachment : Occupy