1. if x men working x hrs per day can do x units of work in x days, then y men working y hrs/day would be able to complete how many units of work i y days? 2. there was one more question on volume and surface area.
3. 1 Rs, 50 ps , 25 ps coins are in the ratio ---------, then the number of 50 ps coins if they sum to ------Rs. (similar question in R.S.Agarwal)
4. there was one more question on coins i.e. about getting a change of 10ps and 25 coins for ------Rs. (how many possible combinations or so possible)
5. x/y+y/x=40/21(don't remember the exact value, believe this is the one) find x and y there were 2 questions on train and one was like:
6. a goods train starts and after 2 hrs a passenger train at 4km/hr starts and overtakes the goods train after 4 hrs, then the speed of goods train?
7. 15hrs of boys work=6 hrs of women's work. 3/5 of the work is done by -----boys and -----women. How much time would be?
8. one pipe fills in 4 hrs and another in 5hrs when they both work alternately how much time will be taken to fill the tank.
9. LCM of 3 no's is 120 which of the following no must not be their HCF
a. 8 b.24 c.12 d.24 e. 30
10. Two trains from the points A and B moving in opposite direction , at the point they meet the second train travels 120 kms more than the first. The speeds are 50kmph and 60kmph respectively find the distance between A and B?
11. One monkey climbs a poll at the rate of 6mts/min and fell down 3mts in the alternately. Length of the poll is 60 mtrs , how much time it will take to reach the top?
a. 31 b.33 c.37 d.40 (ans: 37)
12. a number when multiplied by 7/18 instead of 7/8 and got the result 770 less than the actual result , find the original number?
13. The volume and the radius of both cone and sphere are equal , then find the ratio of height of the cone to the diameter of the sphere?
14. A and B started a business with 1500 and 2500 and got a profit 800 rs. Half of the profit is shared equally the remaining is shared according to their investment. Find their profits.
15. The difference between the simple interest and compound interest for 2 years?
A:B =2:3 and B:C=5:6 then find A:B:C
16. an amount of 64 Rs has to become 125 in 3 years in compound interest , find the rate of interest?
17. the prime no., which is greater than 6 when divide by 6 will always gives the remainder
ans: 1 or 5 18. Two successive discounts of 20% and 15% is equal to a net discount of .....
19. A two digit number is 4 times to its sum of digits , when 9 is added to the number, the digits will get reversed. Then what is that number?
20. The length of the following rectangle is '4a' and its breadth is '2a'. Radius of the two circles is 'a'. Then find the ratio of total area of the rectangle to the area not covered by the two circles with in the rectangle