January 2012 Accenture Placement Paper:

1. Some guy holding a glass of wine in his hand looking around in the room says, "This is same as it was four years ago, how old are your two kids now?" Other guy says "Three now, Pam had one more in the meanwhile." Pam says, "If you multiply their ages, answer is 96 and if you add the ages of first two kids, addition is same as our house number." The first guy says, "You are very smart but that doesn't tell me their ages." Pam says, "It's very simple, just think." What are the ages of three kids?

Ans: 8, 6, 2

2. My rack contains 8 Red colour ties, 13 violate colour ties,10 Blue colour ties, 5 Pink colour ties, 4 green colour ties. If electricity gone and i want at least two ties of same colour then how many ties i should take out from my rack?

Ans : 6 ties.

3. Two trains leaving from two station 50 miles away from each other with costant speed of 60 miles per hour, approaches towards each other on diffrent tracks. if lenght of each train is 1/6 mile. when they meet How much time they need to pass each other totally?

ANS : 10 sec. ( not sure)

4. A man walks east and turns right and then from there to his left and then 45degrees to his right. In which direction did he go

Ans. North west

5. A man shows his friend a woman sitting in a park and says that she the daughter of my grandmother's only son. What is the relation between the two

Ans. Daughter

6. water is continuously poured from a reservoir to a locality at the steady rate of 10,000 liters per hour. When delivery exceeds demand the excess water is stored in a tank. If the demand for 8 consecutive three-hour periods is 10000,10000,45000,25000,40000,15000,60000 and 35000 liters respectively, what will be the minimum capacity required of the water tank (in 1000 litres) to meet the demand?

a)10 b)30 c)40 d)50

7. if 5 tomatoes are worth 8 oranges,5 oranges are worth 4 apples, 7 apples are worth 3 pineapples and 7 pineapples cost rs.203,then he approx price of each tomato is

a.16 b.5 c.19 d. none of theses

ans: a.16

8. the radius of the circle is reduced from 5cm to 4cm then the % change of area .

Ans: 36%

9.two workers can type two pages in two minuets then how many persons can type 18 pages in 6 minuets

Ans: 6

10. X is min of { n+5,6-n} then what is the min of X if,0 <1?